About Verge X ONErpm:
Verge Records, an independent label founded in 2006 and the genesis of global music company ONErpm, relaunched in June 2019 with music producer, publisher and artist manager Mickey Jack Cones at the helm. Verge is a genre agnostic record label based in Nashville, TN. It’s mission is two-fold: To invest in extraordinary musical talent to help artists succeed, and affect positive social change through the combined power of music and education by donating a portion of it’s annual proceeds to support charitable musical causes. Verge Records is the best of both worlds – a digital and traditional record label hybrid offering the full gamut of support from audio/video/content creation to streaming, YouTube and radio promotion (based on triggers). Verge utilizes ONErpm’s global presence to cultivate and leverage opportunities for it’s roster.
About The Role:
This position will focus on developing and executing marketing campaigns for Country-focused projects and coordinating the overall marketing strategy for Verge Records brand. This role requires comprehensive communication, coordination and implementation. The ideal candidate would have a strong history of implementing a release rollout strategy and proven success in the country music space. A key focus of this role is coordinating internal and external specialty teams to include design, content production, and strategy. You’ll excel at collaborating with partners to meet marketing objectives and provide functional support. As part of the Verge Records team under the ONErpm umbrella, you will have the opportunity to work with a talent and diverse group across the A&R and marketing teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with streaming platforms and label partners
- Directly liaise with artists, artist management, and estates on a regular basis to communicate label opportunities plans and expectations
- Seek out new strategic partnerships to accelerate and grow key performance indicators
- Use data and knowledge of space to identify overall budget strategy for campaigns, while having a deep understanding of music streaming
- Create and implement cost-efficient promotion and high impact marketing campaigns for artists at all levels
- Oversee institutional development of Verge Records properties to include social media, newsletters, and sponsorships
- Devise relevant and creative marketing plans, set timelines, and manage budgets, and implement delivery of those needs
- Work closely with our in-house digital marketing and content teams, distribution partners, and external industry partners
- Create and coordinate special activation in conjunction with album releases, specific tour dates, and other events
- Seek, negotiate and develop brand relationships for artists, events, content product placement and beyond that can drive more exposure and revenue
- Source, commit, and monitor traditional, digital, outdoor, radio, and other advertising campaigns
- Strong experience in working within the country music industry is a must.
- Professional network of contacts within the music industry to support the development of the Verge label
- Exposure to diverse budgetary implementation for artist marketing
- Ability to source and maintain relationships with creative teams
- Knowledge of standard industry marketing tools and best practices
- In-depth knowledge of streaming platforms and playlisting, brand management /artist development/public relations, digital marketing, social networks and digital tools
- History of creative marketing and audience engagement in music
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
- Ability to manage a high volume of communication (phone calls and email) and meetings.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and execute a wide range of tasks with a heavy workload and tight deadlines
- Professional marketing experience with major label, entertainment company or comparable organization – generally gained through 5 or more years of experience
- A general knowledge of all departments within a label including digital, publicity, A&R, creative, production and promotion.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills