The Head of Sync will be responsible for overseeing all sync activity on behalf of Venice, including pitching our artist and label partners for placements in film, television, commercials, and games. The position requires excellent relationships within the music supervision community and a deep understanding of all aspects of the pitching process from creative to clearance. This leader should also have an incredibly progressive view of the future of sync and its role in music, pro-actively identifying & nurturing opportunities with agencies, studios, and creative houses. Emotional intelligence, empathy, creativity, open-mindedness and kindness are equally important as experience and skill set.
The responsibilities of the Head of Sync will include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as the lead point person for all touchpoints of the sync community for Venice
- Pitching and facilitating Film / TV as well as brands / agency creative placements from start to finish
- Processing creative briefs in a timely and efficient manner, while still delivering the best ideas
- Partnering with our legal & admin team, and outside publishers, to ensure placements are cleared quickly and efficiently
- Acting as a liaison and account manager for music supervisors and studios as well as brands and agencies
- Responsibility for transcribing, maintaining and managing pending deals to report back to leadership & services team
- Management of overall relationships to ensure consistent, new business opportunities
- Monitor and keep up to date with trends across the synch landscape.
- Must have a passion for all genres of music and be a collaborative team player
- Proven track record in landing syncs in various Film & Television projects, with working closely on brands & agencies as a bonus
- Must have extensive relationships in the music supervision community, as well as other labels and publishers
- In-depth understanding of Music Licensing
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a creative capacity in a sync department preferred, but will also consider similar experience in music supervision
Venice was the brainchild of music execs who found distribution platforms unnecessarily complicated and their services unhelpful in driving success. Our answer is an elegantly designed and highly intuitive interface that enables labels to distribute music, manage their artist roster, and track splits & payments. The Premium Services team at Venice provides global marketing, playlisting and digital strategy.
Q&A is a modern music and technology company co-founded and launched in 2019 by Troy Carter and Suzy Ryoo, who formerly worked together at Atom Factory (the artist management company behind Lady Gaga, John Legend, Meghan Trainor, Kamasi Washington, and Charlie Puth). Q&A is building modern software solutions with a highly collaborative, service-minded approach towards artists, management teams, and independent labels. Q&A is dedicated to creating an ecosystem where the “artist as an entrepreneur” is supported throughout their entire career. While being headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Q&A is a remote-first, global company with team members all over the U.S. and the U.K.
Q&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.