Director, Marketing (UK)
We are looking for a Director of Marketing to join our growing team based in the UK!
About this Role. Reporting to the Head of Services (UK), you will work with our global services team to execute high-level marketing campaigns for our partners, who include artists, managers, and labels. You will be creative yet methodical, digitally driven and pragmatic in your approach and thrive working as part of a team; who you are and what you stand for are just as crucial to your teammates as your experience.
Emotional intelligence, empathy, creativity, open-mindedness, and kindness are equally important as experience and skillset.
We work across genres and cultures; with an international roster of artists and label partners.
We are committed to building a team that represents and encourages us to deliver high-level results and bring the best out of each of us. You must be eager to work across all genres of music, with an understanding of and respect for the audience and cultures that they speak to and thrive in.
- You will be a key part of conceptualizing and executing innovative, unique, and bespoke artist campaigns – focused on marketing strategy and execution.
- You’ll be able to work across traditional marketing, project management, creative digital ideas, and campaigns.
- You’ll define the ‘what and why’ of your campaigns – building engaging and impactful plans to help elevate artists’ vision.
- You’ll work closely with the global services team (US digital marketing, streaming, US marketing, A&R) to develop the marketing strategy for your campaigns, and you’ll take full ownership of the implementation of that strategy to drive KPIs and campaign goals.
- You will also set up and execute promotional campaigns and schedules; you have strong and current relationships with US promo teams, including press, radio, OOO marketing, and brands, and negotiate deals with said teams.
- You will actively research and share knowledge of important competitor campaigns.
Strategy and execution across digital platforms with a creative approach; advise and initiate content-rich campaigns across a multitude of platforms.
- Cultivate and maintain best-in-industry relationships with key partners such as TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, and so on – keeping up to date with new developments and opportunities and consistently planning partner campaigns to maximize release moments and potential.
- Analytics and reporting – track progress of key campaigns with PCAs on priority releases and regular reporting on the progress of campaign objectives and growth across key artist channels
- Manage relations with top-level artists, managers, and external partners.
Experience & Qualifications
- You have a minimum of 3-5+ years of marketing experience in the music industry.
- You have proven experience running successful single, EP and album campaigns in the UK for a wide variety of artists with a clear understanding of how to build marketing and digital campaigns.
- You are highly organized, able to multitask, and proactive in looking for ways to improve your processes and the wider internal processes at Venice.
- You are proactive with tasks and can balance multiple priorities methodically and effectively.
- You have a fluent understanding of wider music marketing and digital channels, platforms, and basic strategy around each.
- You have ahead-of-the-curve trend intuition related to music and the music industry.
- Excellent ability to stay calm under pressure and problem solve and are a clear and strong communicator, both written and verbal.
- You have an active interest in music, tech, culture, and global trends
- You are passionate about supporting the artist community and artist development
Frequently Asked Questions
- Compensation: Competitive, based on experience
- Type of Hire: This is a permanent position
- Application Requirements: All applicants will be reviewed through Greenhouse submission.
- Candidate Requirements: Applicants must be based in the UK to be considered.