Job Title: Director of Digital Marketing Strategy
Location: Nashville, TN
Company: Vector Management
Artist management firm seeking a creative, digital marketing strategist, well-versed in music distribution, digital, social and content strategy and analytics. Equal parts creative and strategic, the Director of Digital Marketing Strategy works across Vector’s entire roster of clients, directly with artist managers, to build a framework of promotional and digital marketing drivers, ultimately bringing album and tour cycles to life.
This position reports to the General Manager and sits within a cross-functional marketing team, providing in-house services such as A&R administration, physical/digital distribution, event management (experiential and activation), content (creation, production and programming), graphic design, social media, direct to consumer campaigns, e-commerce, merchandising, business development (licensing, promotional & sponsorship), tour logistics, tour marketing and VIP ticketing.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL DO
- Lead creative ideation on the planning and development of digital marketing strategies focused on brand-building and commercial initiatives centered around active album and tour cycles.
- Architect of holistic plans optimized across all social, digital and promotional platforms to drive awareness, engagement and consumption
- Comprehensive marketing plans include detailed timelines, creative direction and tentpole activations meant to achieve branding and campaign goals
Collaborate with Director of Marketing Operations on the implementation of strategic plans and execution of its elements by members of Vector’s in-house marketing team and third parties within the artist’s ecosystem
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns by aggregating key metrics, analyzing datapoints and translating real-time insights into actionable strategic planning to improve digital consumption (streams and views), radio airplay, social media engagement and growth, CRM/SEM/SEO, paid display advertising…
- Audit digital and social footprints of artists to identify areas for growth, optimization and monetization.
- Manage DSP Relations Manager – responsible for driving global awareness and digital consumption through the solicitation of editorial coverage and other programming opportunities via key digital partners such as TikTok,
- Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Amazon, Apple & Spotify
- Act as Vector’s industry-facing digital marketing ambassador, building equity with existing partners and expanding its network with new digital stakeholders, media platforms, startups and other affiliates
- Serve as the resident expert on digital trends, innovation and other emerging technologies.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
- 5-7 years in a senior level marketing role building album campaigns and release plans that connect traditional and digital marketing drivers
- Proven track record working with artists in all stages of their career – direct experience interfacing with artist management strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, three-dimensionally and tie different promotional elements of a marketing campaign together
- Fluency in building creative assets and content to serve as branding cornerstones of a campaign and are brought to life via digital and social strategies
- Established global network of industry relationships with DSPs (Spotify, Apple, Amazon, YouTube), radio and podcast networks, and other key digital and social platforms (Tik Tok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Discord…)
- Understanding of music industry-specific tools, analytics and best practices cross-platforms
- Organized, critical thinker in a team environment, under pressure, on short deadlines and across multiple active artist campaigns.
- Broad knowledge of contemporary music and multiple genres and how to effectively tap into those audiences
- Capacity to identify a value proposition, support with key data and craft holistic plans
- Superior attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong and articulate in presentation skills
- Tech savvy command of business software (Microsoft Office suite, Adobe, Monday) and cloud-based software (Google Docs/Drive, Dropbox, Box, Zoom)
- Discretion in handling confidential data and dealing with high-level artists and industry executives
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions