WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
As the VP Creative Rights Investors Business Unit at Utopia you are primarily responsible to drive the Creative Rights Investors business unit and meet goals that contribute to the success of the business unit and the company in general. You will have a broad range of responsibilities: From analysing the market trends, training, and mentoring staff to creating and implementing strategies to reach targets. You will report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
FOCUS OF THE ROLE
- Defining the strategy and actively strategising in order to achieve set outcomes.
- Incorporating company policies and procedures in the business unit operation.
- Actively monitoring business unit goals.
- Training, mentoring and motivating the team for effective performance for the growth of the business unit and company in general.
- Analysing market trends.
- Creating new strategies for marketing and coordinating the activities with the marketing team.
- Building effective relationships with clients so as to maintain good revenue growth for the organisation.
- Performing efficient finance management.
- Defining business unit KPIs, staff KPIs and perform reviews of the team.
- Demonstrating strong skills working with acquired companies and implementing their product offering.
- Your responsibilities will include directly supervising subordinate managers and other employees.
- Proven experience in similar strategic role in the music industry.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- In-depth understanding of market and its needs.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- Business awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
We come from different backgrounds and if you relate to the description above please apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! 🙂