Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an Industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past.
At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why we aim to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating data and decluttering admin. Do you want to build products for the artists you love to listen to, while being part of a growth journey of a lifetime together with world class talents from international unicorns?
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager for the product area CopyRightHolder Services – including all our customer facing products for music copyright holders such as artists, writers, composers, etc.
Does this sound like You? Apply now!
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
You will be responsible for the overall product success of all products within Utopia’s CopyRightHolder Services. You will build a world class product portfolio together with the Product managers of your product area. The features could either be built in house from scratch or achieved through acquisitions, where it is important that you integrate, migrate and align all acquired products into the Utopia product suite for copyright holders.
Your mission will be to support copyright holders in gaining fair pay for every play, getting royalties paid out faster, as well as additional services to improve the value of their music through various value adding services around for example distribution, marketing, management etc. To accomplish this you must know your customer, and work closely with external stakeholders and customers as well as the product teams and internal stakeholders.
- You will set Product vision and product strategy for CopyrightHolder Services, and own the product success of all products facing music copyright holders.
- You will mentor Product managers within your area, and act as an informal leader to move their Product teams towards success and growth.
- Together with the Head of your business unit, you will set vision and OKRs for the CopyrightHolder Services business unit, and break these down into tangible targets for the Product teams.
- You are expected to lead while listening, ensure that you have alignment within the team and that they are up to date on our why and where we are going.
- You will onboard product managers of acquired companies into your product organisation, and integrate their products into the CopyrightHolder Services product portfolio.
- You will define, communicate and debate strategy with senior executives across Utopia.
WHAT SKILLS YOU NEED
- 5+ years of product management experience with a proven track record of successfully launching software products, taking the product from A-Z including identifying market needs, setting a product vision, identifying a Minimal Viable Product, driving UX decisions, steering technical implementation discussions, driving the go-to market, launching the product and actively working on improving the product KPI’s until it has reached Product Market Fit.
- At least 2+ years as a Senior Product Manager (or similar) with experience of informally or formally leading or mentoring other Product managers
- Proven track record of excelling in a hyper scale environment, you should have grown a product portfolio or product driven company from small to large. Preferably in an international environment
- Experience of the challenges of the music industry, including knowledge of royalties, copyrights. Preferably in such a way that you have gained insights in copyright holders.
- Experience of building customer facing products, excellent in customer experience and building smooth and intuitive user interfaces.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- You are an expert in agile product development, inspired by Marty Cagan’s dual-track methodologies, and always work on improving ways of working.
- You are an excellent both formal informal leader and able to drive change throughout the organisation.
- In the long term this role could turn into a Group Product manager role.
- Furthermore, you are expected to be a great colleague and friend, as the rest of Utopians will be to you.
- Collaboration will always be the key, favoured to individual contributions. You are expected to listen and discuss, and always support your colleagues when you can. You will get support and guidance from your peers, and will always be respected for who you are, and for sharing your thoughts and perspectives. We are all open, transparent, curious and friendly.
Some call it Utopia.
Funnily enough – so do we.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere!
- Standard Swedish benefits such as pension, insurances, famous Health care allowance, phone and subscription.
- Pretty nice office of hundreds of square meters with a pingpong table, playroom, gym in the basement and seriously good coffee. We love our office culture and daily breakfasts!
- And if you may prefer being on your own and working from home – we’re fine with that too.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that moved here from countries outside the EU.
We come from different backgrounds and we welcome everyone who finds theirself in previously written to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! 🙂