Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
We are pleased to announce that Utopia Music has entered a rapid expansion phase! Now, we are in search of the most talented experts all around the world to leverage the priceless sets of our unique data. We are opening a few positions for Quantitative Analysts to expand our existing team of the Product and Data departments.
FOCUS OF THE ROLE
You will get the opportunity to be the first person dealing with one of the most important problems of the modern music industry: fair royalty distribution and investment in Music Intellectual Property rights. At this position, you will get access to the immense amount of data collected by Utopia and brand-new tools developed in-house. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to work on identifying the best investment opportunities in music through building predictive and analytical models. Great teammates with diverse backgrounds will add passion to your work experience and will make every day feel like “that day which matters”!
You’ll be a part of our Data team that is working closely with Development, Product and Business.
- Data analytics, including data mining, ETL, and visualization.
- Transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports.
- Identifying trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex data sets.
- Identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and delivering actionable insights to relevant decision-makers.
- Produce comparative review of the IP investment climate.
- Produce comparative reports on competitive investment products.
- Build predictive models for ROI in catalogue investment space.
- Report on the profitability forecast of Utopia Music from the quality of products and the number of clients point of view.
- Built diverse portfolio structures for funds investing in Music IP rights.
- Follow current trends on evergreen and rising-star songs from the investment profitability perspective.
- Discover seasonality patterns for funds portfolio and for potential catalogue available for acquisition.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with data processing and data visualization .
- Proficiency with SQL and Python.
- Proficiency with BI tools such as Tableau.
- Ability to work with large amount of information, getting and presenting the “bigger picture”.
- Being a critical thinker.
- High personal integrity and independence.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Data science, Computer science, Engineering, applied mathematics, or related discipline.
- Driven to meet objectives and great time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English .
- Great interest in the music industry.
We come from different backgrounds and we welcome everyone who finds theirself in previously written to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! 🙂