WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is struggling with the very basics of music accounting: What was played, when and where? Who should get paid and how much?
Utopia Music is bridging the data gap by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to an industry-wide trust platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair Pay For Every Play to make a better world for Music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection for all.
As Product Marketing Director, you’ll be making a key impact on how Utopia captures business opportunities with the help of the Marketing team and related operations. You’ll be instrumental in ensuring that Utopia product, marketing and operative teams are aligned in order to make the best out of the strategic opportunities within the market.
- Leading our team of product marketing managers to ensure the success of product placement and adoption for Utopia business units
- Hiring and training new team members to serve in Utopia business units. Training and supporting sales/ customer support teams. Regularly providing feedback to the team
- Completing employee evaluations based on previously determined KPIs
- Coordinating marketing operations based on business unit needs – and helping business units reach their goals
- Making data-driven decisions to hit company goals
- Developing and implementing the strategy for pricing, messaging, packaging, promotion and selling of our products
- Serving as an advocate for our products through thought leadership and blogging, social media, and speaking
- Keeping the company up-to-date with market trends and competition
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- 5 years of experience with Product Marketing and Product Development
- Experience with determining product-market fit and delivering products to market
- Leadership and cross-functional experience
- Results-driven, taking great initiative and a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Comfortable with change; ability to demonstrate flexibility and proven experience in orchestrating change in complex organizations
- Excellent prioritization skills to work well under pressure in a rapidly growing
- Strive for continuous improvement and embrace innovative ideas in daily work
- Proven experience leading the search and evaluation process, due diligence
and structuring of partnerships
- In-depth, hands-on experience with market analysis and business case
development, with ability to analyze and comprehend information across
scientific and commercial and financial aspects of business units
- Deep understanding of industry trends and competitive landscape
- Strong understanding of the music industry and the intersection between tech and music
- Ability to recruit and nurture talent – e.g. build up a team of product marketing managers that are serving the business units directly.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere – we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track records in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy provides Utopians the freedom to work either from one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive benefits; packages depend on location. You’ll be given more details on this during the interview process.
As we want to bring transparency, trust, and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know a change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization striving to have clarity in thinking and doing what we set out to do.
We execute urgently and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all accountable.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!