Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
You will be responsible for the product success of a Product Team at Utopia Music AG, with the mission to supply a Fair Pay for Every Play. The Utopia Product Teams consist of competences from engineering, data, and design. You will be the representative of the customer and the music industry, and ensure that what we build is valuable to our customers. You will deep dive in the music industry and learn all there is to know about copyrights, regulations, competition, and customers requirements – but no worries, your colleagues will support you, answer all your questions and guide you through it.
As a Product manager in the Core products domain you will lead one or several product teams within the product areas Financial and analytics services, for example forecasting of how a song will perform, build insight and dashboards for artists, record labels, and collecting societies, etc. All product teams work end-to-end and provide high profile features to our customer applications.
- You will together with your Product team set Product vision, roadmaps and OKRs for your Product area, and ensure that these align with both other Product Teams as well as the company OKRs. You are expected to set, align and execute towards these with no or little direction. You are expected to listen to your team and collaborate, ensure that you have alignment within the team and that they keep an understanding of why and where we are going.
- You will lead the Discovery phase where you together with engineering, designers, data analysts identify what jobs need to be done. You will ensure that any hypotheses are validated by real customers.
- When the projects move into Delivery phase, you will support the Product team with prioritisation and guidance. You will be able to go into details, and look into backlogs and tickets together with engineering and support the team throughout the development process to reach product Market Fit for your Product Area.
- You will additionally work with product marketing to set a value proposition for your products, and help with generating sales material, set up go-to-market strategies and work on launching the products to real customers.
- You will iteratively work on improving the launched product until it reaches Product Market Fit.
THE IDEAL SKILLSET
- 3+ years of Product Management experience leading a cross-functional Product team.
- A proven track record of launching software products, taking the product from A-Z including identifying market needs, setting a product vision, identifying a Minimal Viable Product, driving UX decisions, steering technical implementation discussions, driving the go-to market, launching the product and actively working on improving the product KPI’s until it has reached the Product Market Fit.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- You are an expert in agile product development, inspired by Marty Cagan’s dual-track methodologies, and always work on improving ways of working.
- You are an excellent informal leader and able to drive change throughout the organisation.
- You are expected to be a great colleague and friend, as the rest of Utopians will be to you. Collaboration will always be key, favoured to individual contributions. You are expected to listen and discuss, and always support your colleagues when you can. You will get support and guidance from your peers, and will always be respected for who you are, and for sharing your thoughts and perspectives. We are all open, transparent, curious and friendly. Some call it Utopia. Funnily enough – so do we.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere!
- Joining an established office with a long history (we’ll tell you more). Or an opportunity to be part of building the Utopia Helsinki!
- An experienced team to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Working in an impact oriented team.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that moved here from countries outside the EU. However, we do not support relocation at the moment. Our remote policy allows employees flexible remote work but we don’t hire outside Sweden or Finland for this position.
We come from diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! 🙂