Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an Industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past.
At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why we aim to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating data and decluttering admin.
Do you want to build the core that will improve the music industry and be part of a growth journey of a lifetime together with world class talents from international unicorns? We are looking for an excellent Product Manager for the product area CopyRight Management.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
Utopia Product Teams consist of competences from engineering, data, and design. You will be the representer of the customer and the music industry, and ensure that what we build is valuable to our customers. You will additionally be the expert and go-to person for questions regarding music copyrights and the spokes-person for your product team.
You will be responsible for the product success of your team. You will jointly build the foundation for managing copyrights, and the tools and APIs needed to administer copyrights. You will ensure that the copyright management services bring value to our customers and can be integrated into larger product suites.
- You will, together with your Product team, set Product vision, roadmaps and OKRs for your Product area, and ensure that these align with both other Product Teams as well as the company OKRs. You are expected to set, align and execute towards these with no or little direction.
- You are expected to listen to your team and collaborate, ensure that you have alignment within the team and that they understand why and where we are going.
- You will lead the Discovery phase where you together with engineering, designers, data analysts identify what jobs need to be done. You will ensure that any hypotheses are validated by real customers.
- When the projects move into the Delivery phase, you will support the Product team with prioritizations and guidance. You will be able to go into details, and look into backlogs and tickets together with engineering and support the team throughout the development process to reach product Market Fit for your Product Area.
- You will additionally work with product marketing to set a value proposition for your products, and help with generating sales material, set up go-to-market strategies and work on launching the products to real customers.
- You will iteratively work on improving the launched product until it reaches Product Market Fit.
WHAT SKILLS YOU NEED
- 3+ years of Product Management experience leading a cross-functional Product team
- A proven track record of launching software products, taking the product from A-Z including identifying market needs, setting a product vision, identifying a Minimal Viable Product, driving UX decisions, steering technical implementation discussions, driving the go-to market, launching the product and actively working on improving the product KPI’s until it has reached the Product Market Fit.
- Experience of music copyrights and knowledge of the music industry at large.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- You are an expert in agile product development, inspired by Marty Cagan’s dual-track methodologies, and always work on improving ways of working.
- You are an excellent informal leader and able to drive change throughout the organisation.
- Furthermore, you are expected to be a great colleague and friend, as the rest of Utopians will be to you.
- Collaboration will always be the key, favoured to individual contributions. You are expected to listen and discuss, and always support your colleagues when you can. You will get support and guidance from your peers, and will always be respected for who you are, and for sharing your thoughts and perspectives. We are all open, transparent, curious and friendly.
Some call it Utopia.
Funnily enough – so do we.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere!
- Standard Swedish benefits such as pension, insurances, famous Health care allowance, phone and subscription.
- Pretty nice office of hundreds of square meters with a pingpong table, playroom, gym in the basement and seriously good coffee. We love our office culture and daily breakfasts!
- And if you may prefer being on your own and working from home – we’re fine with that too.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that moved here from countries outside the EU.
We come from different backgrounds and we welcome everyone who finds theirself in previously written to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! 🙂