Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is struggling with the very basics of music accounting: What was played, when and where? Who should get paid and how much?
Utopia Music is bridging the data gap by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to an industry-wide trust platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair Pay For Every Play to make a better world for Music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection for all.
We are looking to add to our team a Product Director for the Utopia Creative Music Agency Business Unit. As Director of Product, you will have responsibility for driving the product strategy for Utopia Creative Music Agency. As a thought leader, you will innovate for brands worldwide to best leverage music in all their initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience delivering innovative and scalable solutions to brands or branding and advertising agencies. Most importantly, they will possess a strong inner drive to delight users, enjoy working with some of the smartest professionals in the industry, and truly be a part of something unique that will have a lasting impact on the whole music industry.
- Create a robust and bold product vision for the Business Unit
- Define the product strategy for Utopia Creative Music Agency Business Unit based on a strong understanding of data, the users needs, the market dynamics, and thought leadership
- Convert this product strategy into a prioritized outcome-driven product roadmap and drive its execution
- Communicate progress regularly across the organization and to the C-level
- Coach the product creation team to maintain a culture of high performance fostering collaboration, teamwork, accountability and innovation
- Manage your team budget, hire the best talent and continuously develop your team
- Drive user and revenue growth
- Define, monitor and communicate success, failures and learnings transparently
- To accomplish this you will lead, coach and hire product managers working in cross-functional product creation teams dedicated to bringing to market best in class services for all brands, branding and advertising agencies worldwide
- Reporting to Utopia Music’s Chief Product Officer, you will, together with your team and peers across design, data, engineering and business
- 8+ years professional experience; including 3+ years as a people manager and managing managers
- Proven success driving growth innovative services through sustained user-centered product innovation
- A strong history of relationship building and collaboration with Engineering, Data, Design and Business organizations
- Ability to lead and establish effective working relationships across a complex environment spanning multiple geographies
- Highly adept at informing product direction through data-driven analysis and user research
- Possesses an intuitive grasp of the small but crucial details that elevate product functionality into compelling and even magical experiences for end users
- Collaborative orientation
- Exceptional communication skills
- A player-coach leadership mentality with proven success at attracting, retaining and developing product management talent in the Creative Music Agency Business Unit
- Passion for the music tech space
- Advanced degree in relevant field or highly relevant experience in lieu of education
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere – we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track records in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy provides Utopians the freedom to work either from one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive benefits; packages depend on location. You’ll be given more details on this during the interview process.
As we want to bring transparency, trust, and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know a change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization striving to have clarity in thinking and doing what we set out to do.
We execute urgently and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all accountable.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!