Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is struggling with the very basics of music accounting: What was played, when and where? Who should get paid and how much?
Utopia Music is bridging the data gap by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to an industry-wide trust platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair Pay For Every Play to make a better world for Music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection for all.
The Employer Branding Director sits in the Marketing team and works cross-functionally with Talent Acquisition and People and Culture, with the aim of helping attract and retain the best talent the market has to offer.
The role will work closely with other marketing leads including communications (internal and external), events, content, and digital marketing to create a holistic employer branding plan that will impact external and internal audiences.This person will also collaborate closely with the engineering department to understand the specific needs and requirements that will help target the right talent pool of engineers, developers, and designers to help build the Utopia products.
The position can be remote but based in our listed locations.
- Lead strategy and high-impact campaigns, programs and trainings across the entire talent lifecycle (attraction, onboarding, internal mobility, employee engagement & advocacy, alumni, and employer branding).
- Identify trends, insights, and stories on how brands and talent connect, and turn findings into relevant talent and employer brand strategies.
- Help design strategies to build and communicate our authentic employer brand to internal and external audiences.
- Act as an employer branding subject matter expert by providing best practices, external benchmarks and innovative solutions to support Utopia’s positioning on the global job market.
- Initiating and managing on and offline marketing events, campaigns and activities focused on communicating our employer brand and attracting the right professionals to our talent community.
- Building long-term relationships with communities, professionals and influencers to help promote Utopia’s employer brand in our industry.
- Identifying and managing our employer branding presence on various job boards including Glassdoor, Indeed, LinkedIn, Comparably etc.
- To support P&C on onboarding efforts, staff integration from acquired companies, internal communications, employee training, and creating and updating internal communications material.
- To align with ED&I efforts to attract a more diverse and inclusive candidate pool.
- To align with content to create targeted assets for talent attraction and retention.
- You have at least 10 years of experience working in marketing, internal communications, employer branding or relevant experience.
- You have a strong knowledge of digital marketing, events planning, and external communications functionalities.
- You have experience attracting and retaining engineers for interesting and groundbreaking tech companies.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere – we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track records in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy provides Utopians the freedom to work either from one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive benefits; packages depend on location. You’ll be given more details on this during the interview process.
As we want to bring transparency, trust, and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know a change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization striving to have clarity in thinking and doing what we set out to do.
We execute urgently and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all accountable.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!