Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is struggling with the very basics of music accounting: What was played, when and where? Who should get paid and how much?
Utopia Music is bridging the data gap by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to an industry-wide trust platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair Pay For Every Play to make a better world for Music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection for all.
By merging Music and Tech, Utopia Music can bridge the data gap and partner with the whole value chain to make ‘Fair Pay for Every Play’ a reality. As part of its mission to help each stakeholder to focus on its strengths by providing them with advanced tools and intelligence, Utopia Music aims to facilitate access to knowledge and expertise via education.
Reporting to the VP of Public Policy, the Education Director is responsible to develop & execute the Education strategy in close collaboration with internal teams and in cooperation with Utopia’s network of partners across the music industry.
- Overseeing conception, development and delivery of educational programs for the various stakeholders within the Utopia Music ecosystem with particular focus on enhancing understanding of copyright management across the music value chain.
- Developing the network of a high level and trusted industry experts to contribute in the development, management and delivery of educational programs.
- Keeping a close relationship with the Marketing team and the VP of Global Artist & Creative Community, contributing to develop best-in-class educational content and resources
- Collaborating with pertinent trade bodies, associations, institutions, incubators and communities in order to develop engagement, outreach and design bespoke programs in the form of workshops, webinars and resources.
- Developing and sustaining Utopia Music’s relationships with academic partners including schools, colleges, universities and institutions.
- Keeping up on current trends in music creators and music business education as well as education topics emerging in the agenda of Utopia’s policy environment.
- A strong general understanding of the music industry and proven history and track record on working with education in music or creative industries.
- Having a solid knowledge of current trends, theories and technologies pertaining to learning and instruction.
- Ability to design, develop, and implement effective professional development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and influence successfully.
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation, and project management skills.
- A clear, concise and persuasive writing and speaking style.
- Curiosity and strategic thinking, with the ability to analyse and solve complex problems.
- A commitment to setting, tracking and using key performance indicators to evidence the impact of our education efforts.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere – we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track records in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy provides Utopians the freedom to work either from one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive benefits; packages depend on location. You’ll be given more details on this during the interview process.
- Relocation might be an option, depending on your current and desired location.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English.
- We invite you for an introductory video call with the Talent Acquisition team to get to know you better and share more about us.
- Meeting the hiring manager for the position.
- Meeting your closest future stakeholders.
As we want to bring transparency, trust, and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know a change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization striving to have clarity in thinking and doing what we set out to do.
We execute urgently and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all accountable.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!