WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is struggling with the very basics of music accounting: What was played, when and where? Who should get paid and how much?
Utopia Music is bridging the data gap by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to an industry-wide trust platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair Pay For Every Play to make a better world for Music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection for all.
As Director of Royalty Management Services-Software Service you will have the unique opportunity to co- plan, develop and implement commercial strategies of the Royalty Management Services – Software business unit based on Utopia’s company targets and objectives with the main goal of supporting and accelerating growth and revenue. You will be part of growing global team and report to the VP of Commercial.
- Co- defining the strategy and actively strategizing in order to achieve set outcomes.
- Incorporating commercial company policies and procedures.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets.
- Penetrate key markets with sales tactics and grow partners network.
- Analyzing market trends and reporting back to the organization to increase the product line.
- Building effective relationships with partners to maintain good revenue growth for the business unit and organization.
- Manage the existing client relationships and understand their requirements.
- Co- creating new strategies in collaboration with the marketing department and coordinating the activities in collaboration with the marketing department.
- 5+ years’ experience as Commercial Director in the Music Industry, relationships with key stakeholders in the industry and understanding the space is required.
- Ideally you hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration, sales, or a highly relevant field.
- Fluency in English is a must, additional languages are a plus!
- Experience in Client Relationship Management.
- In-depth knowledge of market analysis and metrics.
- Hands on experience in creating reporting.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Team player spirit.
- Learning agility.
- Integrity and work ethic and standing for D&I.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere – we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track records in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy provides Utopians the freedom to work either from one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive benefits; packages depend on location. You’ll be given more details on this during the interview process.
- We are only recruiting within the UK for this position, preferably in London or Merseyside locations and therefore only able to move forward with those already based in such locations and with eligibility to work within the UK.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English.
- We invite you for an introductory video call with the Talent Acquisition team to get to know you better and share more about us.
- We invite you for a video interview with VP Commercial.
- We invite you for a video interview with VP Royalty Management Services.
- We ask you to prepare a business case assignment to then be presented in a video interview with our VP Commercial & VP Royalty Management Services.
As we want to bring transparency, trust, and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know a change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization striving to have clarity in thinking and doing what we set out to do.
We execute urgently and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all accountable.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!