WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is struggling with the very basics of music accounting: What was played, when and where? Who should get paid and how much?
Utopia Music is bridging the data gap by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to an industry-wide trust platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair Pay For Every Play to make a better world for Music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection for all.
Utopia Music is seeking a director for Market Intelligence and Competitive intelligence.
You’ll be responsible for interaction between Strategy and Business Units to help them decide between and build the right opportunities to win the
Business Units’ market opportunities while contributing to the synergies of Utopia. You will contribute to the GTM planning and execution of market
winning strategies in detail. You will lead a team to build and understand the market changes and dynamics with clarity to help Product Creation and
Business Units succeed in their job.
At Utopia Music, you’ll work alongside a highly skilled international team building a better music business. You get to play a central part in building the strategy team as well as collaboration with product and data teams shaping the way we deliver value at Utopia.
- Supporting the development of mid to long-term organizational strategy.
- Supporting the Value creation planning and execution in partnership with Corporate Development and Business Unit leadership
- Conducting research and analyses of operational effectiveness, processes, stakeholders, etc. as part of the Strategy team and MI/CI activities
- Aligning Business Units goals, processes, and resource allocation with the organizational strategy and synchronizing it with Utopia Family goals
- Assessing market trends and competitors together with MI/CI
- Identifying threats and opportunities
- Presenting findings, projections, and recommended actions as part of the BU leadership / planning
- Provide clarity, alignment, and structure in partnership with the Business Unit leadership about Market opportunities and Competitors
- Prepare market research project charters, including scope, identification of intelligence specialists, availability of primary and secondary resources, and budget proposal
- Prepare a presentation of the market research findings
- Act as liaison with outside market research vendors
- Assist the team to implement effective research strategies to map out talent movement and talent trends within specific segments of the entertainment industry)
- Collect data on candidates and competitors in the marketplace and create up-to-date organizational charts and talent maps
- Determine new opportunities and trends in the Music tech landscape
- Establish, organize, and continuously update a database of competitor products and research for access by leadership
- Maintain awareness of potential sales opportunities and develop the strategy BU go-to-market together with Sales operations
- Develop and articulate Price-To-Win, price strategy, risk mitigation, and competitive landscape dialogue with Sales Operations
- Network and conduct industry/client interaction on new like products to keep up-to-date on trends and cycles affecting new business development
- Conduct primary research from industry, financial, and economic sources to identify credible market data
- Compile and analyze industry and company specific information and financial statements to gain insights into latest market trends and movements
- Review quarterly and annual reports, press releases, and investor calls of competing firms to obtain strategic insight
- Synthesize numerous and disparate data sources into coherent, relevant, and timely conclusions on key themes impacting Utopia Business Units operations
- Ability to work effectively in teams independently, within tight deadlines
- Good analysis skills, including the ability to draw appropriate conclusions from large amount of data and to present findings
- Ability to find innovative new ways to acquire market intelligence and to develop new strategies to further enhance the market intelligence program
- Proven organizational and time management skills are required with demonstrated ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Professional and mature approach with the ability to comfortably interact with all levels including Senior Management
- Self-starter that can work independently to manage own workload with minimal supervision and well as effectively as part of a team
- Degree in business or related field, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in business administration, management consulting, investment banking or strategic planning
- Music, Tech or Consulting background
- Excellent understanding of business operations and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Outstanding research and analytical abilities.
- Project management skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to provide insights based on researching data.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere – we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track records in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy provides Utopians the freedom to work either from one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive benefits; packages depend on location. You’ll be given more details on this during the interview process.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English
- We invite you for an introductory video call with the Talent Acquisition team to get to know you better and share more about us
As we want to bring transparency, trust, and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know a change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization striving to have clarity in thinking and doing what we set out to do.
We execute urgently and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all accountable.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!