WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is struggling with the very basics of music accounting: What was played, when and where? Who should get paid and how much?
Utopia Music is bridging the data gap by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to an industry-wide trust platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair Pay For Every Play to make a better world for Music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection for all.
The main focus of the Commercial team is to achieve growth and hit sales targets for Utopia and its business units. This means thinking ahead and supporting strategic business that continues to expand Utopia’s customer base and grow our presence. We are looking for a talented and ambitious Sales Manager to support Financial Services Europe, a dynamic and rapidly growing business unit within Utopia that helps deliver Fair Pay for Every Play.
Utopia offers the best Financial Services in the Music Industry enabling insurance and financing for increasing liquidity in Music by providing the most trusted advance payment and money management tools for creators. We bring transparency, fairness and efficiency to the music industry, and that is also what we value in our way of working. You will support our Financial Services Europe to be the ultimate partner of choice for the music industry by partnering with Music Distributors, Labels and Publishers and Independent Artists to foster sales and business development.
As Commercial Manager or Senior Commercial Manager-Financial Services Europe you are part of a growing and global commercial team driving commercial value and maximizing Utopia’s sales. You will report to the Commercial Director Europe Business Unit Financial Services.
- You will achieve growth and hit sales targets.
- Support implementation of a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the commercial director and management team.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as Sales Manager or in higher level commercial role; consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Sales or relevant field is a plus.
- Fluency in English, any other languages are an asset.
- Proven experience in and knowledge of the UK and European music industry is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with finesse, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Excellent business acumen and industry expertise.
- Additional accounting and finance skills would be beneficial.
- Analytical and number savvy.
- Standing for Diversity & Inclusion!
- Creative thinking and ability to see the bigger picture and plan strategically.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere – we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track records in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy provides Utopians the freedom to work either from one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive benefits; packages depend on location. You’ll be given more details on this during the interview process.
- We are only recruiting within our European locations for this position (UK, Germany, France, Spain, Finland, Switzerland, Sweden, Austria) and therefore only able to move forward with applications from those already based in these locations and with eligibility to work in the country you are based in.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English
- We invite you for an introductory video call with the Talent Acquisition team to get to know you better and share more about us
- We invite you for a video interview with Commercial Director-Financial Services Europe whom this position will report to.
- We invite you for a video interview with an internal stakeholder from our Financial Services business unit.
As we want to bring transparency, trust, and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know a change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization striving to have clarity in thinking and doing what we set out to do.
We execute urgently and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all accountable.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!