WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is struggling with the very basics of music accounting: What was played, when and where? Who should get paid and how much?
Utopia Music is bridging the data gap by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to an industry-wide trust platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair Pay For Every Play to make a better world for Music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection for all.
Fintech is the next big area of growth for the music industry and Utopia Music is at the forefront. As a Commercial Manager-Manual Advances you will be instrumental in driving sales of a new type of royalty advance. You will have the amazing opportunity to work with the biggest artists and their team. You will be the first to provide a financial service unlike any other that allows artists to create new projects while allowing them to retain their rights and creative control. You will be offering a unique financial software solution that musicians have never before had access to and will work towards enhancing the music industry ecosystem. You will report to the Commercial Director-Upfront Payments.
If you are interested in bringing your skills and experience to a new music startup poised to revolutionize the music industry then this is the role for you!
- Achieving sales targets by optimizing the sales cycle, identify emerging markets, new products and new competitors
- Staying ahead of market trends and keeping up to date with target markets
- Cultivating strong, honest and innovative branding through your sales positioning and nurturing of customers relationships and leads
- Crafting sales plans and developing new ideas for marketing strategies and needs
- Presenting sales, revenue, and expense reports and realistic forecasts to your Commercial Director and management team
- Inputting data and updating CRM
- Responding to clients and leads with finesse
- Implementing new software and strategies used to close deals
- Communicate blockers you have proactively
- Reviewing and optimizing sequences and workflows with your Commercial Director
- Being the voice of the customer
- Has an established network in the music industry ideally with close ties to major and minor labels, publishers, management companies and artists large and small
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience, ideally in music finance or fintech, structured settlement industry or banking experience
- Bachelors/Masters in Marketing, Sales or relevant field
- Proven sales, business development and managerial experience
- SaaS software sales experience is a bonus
- Well versed in CRMs. Hubspot knowledge is a plus
- Knowledgeable in LinkedIn Sales Navigator
- People orientated and not afraid to ask questions and collaborate cross-functionally
- Fluent in English and able to communicate with finesse. Additional languages are a plus!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere – we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track records in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy provides Utopians the freedom to work either from one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive benefits; packages depend on location. You’ll be given more details on this during the interview process.
- Currently, we are only recruiting within the USA for this role.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English
- We invite you for an introductory phone/video call to get to know you better and share more about us
- Opportunity to meet our Commercial Director-Upfront payments for a team, role & fit interview
- We invite you for a Sales Discovery test to assess your sales skills
- Final interview
As we want to bring transparency, trust, and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know a change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization striving to have clarity in thinking and doing what we set out to do.
We execute urgently and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all accountable..
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!