WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
The open secret is that the music industry is struggling with the very basics of music accounting: What was played, when and where? Who should get paid and how much?
Utopia Music is bridging the data gap by connecting global consumption, accurate metadata, and fast payments to an industry-wide trust platform. Our goal is to unlock creative value and enable Fair Pay For Every Play to make a better world for Music. The solutions we offer do not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection for all.
As Commercial Director-Financial Services-Europe you have the unique opportunity to co-plan, develop and implement commercial strategies of the Financial Services Business Unit based on company targets and objectives. You support and accelerate growth to sell more. You’re able to bring innovative solutions to the Music Industry and finesse enriching interactions with all the business lines of the organization and externally. You report to the VP of the Financial Services Business Unit with a dotted line to VP of Commercial.
- Implementing the commercial strategy of the Financial Services Business Unit
- Incorporating company commercial policies and procedures in the business unit operation
- Proactively monitoring commercial aspect of the business unit goals
- Training, mentoring, and motivating the team for effective performance for the growth of the revenue in the business unit and company in general
- Analyzing market trends
- Co-creating new strategies for commercialization and coordinating these activities with other departments
- Building effective relationships with clients to maintaining excellent revenue growth for the organization
- Your responsibilities will include directly supervising supporting managers and other employees
- 7+ years’ experience as a Commercial Director specifically in the Music Industry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration, sales or relevant field
- Proven track-record in sales and ability to sell and close deals
- Fluency in English is a must, additional languages are a plus
- Experience in Client Relationship Management
- In-depth knowledge of market analysis and metrics
- Hands on experience in creating reporting and managing budgets
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Attention to inclusion and diversity is a given. We bring transparency, fairness and efficiency to the music industry, and that is also what we value in our way of working.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere – we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track records in multiple startups and big tech companies
- Our flexible remote policy provides Utopians the freedom to work either from one of our inspiring offices or from home
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company
- Competitive benefits; packages depend on location. You’ll be given more details on this during the interview process
- We are only recruiting within Europe for this role. We are supporting work permits for employees that have already moved to our European locations from countries outside the EU.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English.
- We invite you for an introductory phone/video call to get to know you better and share more about us
- 2nd Interview with VP of Commercial
- 3rd Interview with VP of the Financial Services Business Unit
- Final Interview with VP of Customer Operations
As we want to bring transparency, trust, and clarity to the music industry we serve, we know a change comes from within. Utopia is a transparent, trust-based organization striving to have clarity in thinking and doing what we set out to do.
We execute urgently and innovate to grow faster. We ship things that make a difference today, so we can make them better tomorrow. We embrace fairness and are all accountable.
Strictly diverse and inclusive. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate our diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!