Our data asset is key to our success, enables our data-driven product experiences and combined with machine learning assisted data onboarding and validation, we aim to build the world’s best end-to-end music data repository and trust platform for the industry.
You’ll own and develop the practices and the data asset and related processes, staff function and value creation based on data. You’ll also work closely with our business development and partnerships teams to evaluate new opportunities based on adjacent or external data sources.
- Establishing and growing the best in class data analytics team and function.
- Enlarging and enhancing the world largest Master data repository in and for the music industry.
- Designing the business stack and work with our product led growth team from the data point of view.
- Building quality, integrity, commercial and utility value for our data asset.
- Driving innovation and impact to support further commercialisation and digital (data) onboarding of new customers.
- Enabling flexible use of market data (“slicing & dicing”) to feed our commercial machine based on operational and using external data sources to drive prioritisation and segmentation.
- Managing the digital inbound and onboarding journeys to the mid and long tail segments of different stakeholders with scale up to the tier 1.
REQUIREMENTS AND BACKGROUND
- PhD, or equivalent in computer science, data science, MIS, Statistics, Analytics or any relevant related field or relevant work experience amounting to similar domain knowledge.
- Ability to build, lead, develop and motivate a high performing Data team and respective end to end data processes for collection, cleaning and analysis.
- Deep sense of ownership, accountability and drive to develop Utopia data assets in value, in utility.
- Ability to create data driven strategies.
- Executive working experience in a Data Science/Analytics position in a fast paced, commercial and growth/start-up environment.
- Experience in working with unique and proprietary data infrastructures.
- Experience and proven track record in monetizing data assets.
- Experienced in building a Data science/ analytics function, from a team and practices/processes perspective.
- Proof of enhancing data asset value in working with technology, product and commercial teams.
- Highly collaborative, at ease with working with multiple stakeholders (Tech, Commercial, CEO, Founders…).
- Demonstrated expertise in big data technology infrastructure and environments coupled with business process architecture.
- Proven ability to understand data at scale and ability to reason on requirements on extreme scale.
- Machine learning and AI application skills.
- Ability to understand and relay complex data-related issues in a simple and easy to understand manner.
- Data driven decision maker.
- Ability to work comfortably in a collaborative high paced setting, be a highly organised, have an ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines
- Having great communication skills
- High integrity and sense for fairness and transparency
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents – it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
We come from different backgrounds and we welcome everyone who finds theirself in previously written to apply. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! 🙂