The Music & Entertainment Industry Studies Department (MEIS) in the College of Arts & Media at the University of Colorado Denver (UCD) seeks a full-time Clinical Assistant Professor in Music Business.
Based at its Downtown Denver campus, the position will begin in August 2018 and the successful candidate will have a teaching load of six courses per academic year (3/3), with research/creative work and service components.
This position has an 80/10/10 split between teaching, research and service.
The music business program in MEIS has been ranked as one of the top in the country by Billboard and students have access to state-of-the-art recording studios, private teaching studios and cutting-edge technology.
The Department of Music and Entertainment Industry Studies is designed to prepare students for a variety of exciting careers in the arts and entertainment industries through its intense focus on finding career pathways in the creative industries and especially commercial music styles.
- Masters level, terminal degree in the field of music business or other academic equivalent (MBA, MM, JD, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years experience in one or all of the following music industry sectors: Artist management, concert promotion, talent buying, concert booking and venue management
- Extensive and active music industry/internship connections
- Proven research, creative, and scholarly activity
- Proven successful job performance in one or all of the aforementioned music industry sectors
- Proven ability to effectively teach at the university level
- 7 to 10+ years experience or executive level experience in artist management, concert promotion, talent buying, concert booking or venue management
- Successful teaching experience in artist management and concert promotion at an institution of higher education
- Curriculum and course development experience
- Active connections and networking in the community of music industry educators and scholars
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability for high quality independent teaching and administrative service
- Demonstrated capacity for professional development through scholarly activity
- An empathy and willingness to discern and meet the needs of students
- Realizing the importance of working with others in a collegial and productive manner, that respects and values diversity, treats faculty, staff and learners fairly, and is an agent that enables and advances both creativity and innovation
Salary and benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special instructions for applicants
Review of applications will begin on April 1, 2018 and continue until the position is ﬁlled.
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12508.
When applying, applicants must include:
1. A letter of application which speciﬁcally addresses the job requirements and outlines qualiﬁcations
2. A current resume/CV
3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
4. Semi-ﬁnalists will be asked to provide supporting materials (e.g., links to sample syllabi and a teaching statement, etc.)
The interview process will include a pre-scheduled phone interview. On-campus interviews for ﬁnalists will be selected from the phone interviews.
For more information on the College of Arts & Media, or the University of Colorado Denver in the downtown Denver campus, visit our websites at www.ucdenver.edu or cam.ucdenver.edu.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors.
To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.