This role will lead and deliver an efficient world class UK royalty service with full alignment to the Global Administration organisation’s strategy and standards.
You will have the ability to suggest, develop and implement new processes in addition to maintaining processes on an ongoing basis.
Relationships and communication are key; the Royalty Manager will be highly effective in forming cross functional relationships within the UK operating company and within the wider global organisation.
The Royalty Manager will also form and maintain effective relationships with the UK client base.
You will be responsible for managing and delivering the following core processes:
- Lead and develop the UK Royalty Department.
- Oversee and develop the Royalty processes, with support from the Assistant Royalty Manager.
- Reconciliation of Payments and Statements
- Delivery of statements to the Global Royalty dept
- Post processing statement review
- Suspense and Error Calculation review
- Account Management for UMPG’s online royalty portal
- Transaction reconciliation process
- Production of Client & Management Service Packs.
- Pre-Close Reviews; e.g. Quality assure client balance.
- Facilitation of Payments.
- Oversee the quarterly Royalty Closes and associated payment timetable.
- Management of client queries, allocation to team members and the wider UK Administration department as necessary.
- Support the Assistant Royalty Manager on the maintenance and delivery of the Control Environment.
- Manage client audits.
- Provide business support to the Head of UK Administration.
- Proven experience of delivering Royalty processes at a managerial level.
- Proven leadership experience.
- Experienced at effectively monitoring and managing performance issues and managing up.
- Experienced at creating and building workflows, project plans, setting goals and meeting targets.
- Effective communication: A strong ability to provide concise, informed administration reporting and narratives to senior management, clients and their representatives as well as staff with various levels of expertise.
- Demonstrable track record of training, coaching and mentoring staff across all administration disciplines.
- Motivated and open to change with ability to bring new and practical ideas.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel as well as being comfortable learning to extract data from customised systems and databases.
- Experience of client audits.
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where nobody will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.