The European Administration Department in London is a regional extension of UMPG’s Global Administration organisation which is in the US across our Santa Monica and Nashville, TN sites.
European Administration is the connect between the Global Administration departments and UMP’s European offices. It is a provider of international copyright, project, training and CMO engagement services.
The Support Manager will have a broad understanding of European operational copyright processes and a technical, analytical nature.
This role collaborates closely with:
- The European Administration and UK Administration team in London.
- The Heads of Administration and their teams in our UK and European offices.
- Global Administration in Nashville, TN.
- Global Technology in London.
Responsibilities will include:
Project based work
Collaborate with our European offices to scope and agree deliverables for medium to large data project, set deadlines, then prepare and implement what has been agreed. Projects could include for example;
- Catalogue take on: Preparing and loading datasets into our Copyright and Royalty Database.
- Streamlining datasets & data cleanse activities.
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Society catalogue agreement projects.
- Preparation of copyright data for downstream implementation by the Global Data Services department and/or other team members in European Administration.
- Responsible for managing the feed of new copyright data from our Production Music licensing websites to our Copyright and Royalty database.
- Contribute to the technical development of UMP’s catalogue import system, alongside the Global Copyright and Global Technology teams.
- CMO Engagement: Maintain a close working relationship with ICE who are undergoing a major transition called Project Cube. The successful candidate will ensure that UMPG is best placed to engage with ICE operationally during and following the successful completion of their Cube project.
- Continually review processes to ensure optimal efficiency and adapt to changing business conditions and processes at the CMOs in Europe.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of UMP’s society agreement registration system, alongside Global Copyright and Global Technology.
- Opportunities to participate in cross-industry technical working groups.
- Promote Data Standards and Governance to our European offices, in line with Global Administration’s policies.
- Provide systems and process training to UMP’s European offices.
- Occasional travel to European offices for training visits and project work.
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
Person Specification & Required Experience:
- A team player.
- A proven track record in a senior Copyright role with a rightsholder (e.g. a CMO or music publisher).
- An understanding of CWR and Society Agreement registration.
- A familiarity with publishing contracts.
- Analytical skills: High Excel competency and an ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of relational databases, report writer tools and data mining.
- Ability to assess priorities and manage own workload and deadlines effectively.
- Excellent communicator.
- Fluency in a European language other than English.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.