The Senior Manager has responsibility for UMPG’s global royalty processing and royalty administration systems. You will be experienced at leading a team and setting and meeting deadlines, measuring performance and reporting to senior management.
The position reports to Senior Director, Global Royalty.
- Ensure royalty processing procedures are carried out for all designated global territories in accordance with controls.
- Prioritize workload for the Global Royalties team adhering to agreed deadlines and royalty timetables.
- Approval of final run closes for designated global territories.
- Approval of system adjustments as presented by Global Royalties Analyst team.
- Provide high level support and training for all global territories.
- Prepare statistics and detailed royalty reporting for the territories and senior management.
- Perform analysis of royalty data and processes, including client/rate structures, royalty calculation and financials.
- Identify and recommend process improvements and assist with their implementation.
- Assist with the design and testing of system upgrades.
- Maintain and update royalty procedure and system documentation.
- Ad hoc analyses and projects, as assigned.
- Strong analytical background. Excellent organizational skills. Detail-oriented.
- Willingness to assume responsibility for area and team.
- Ability to meet deadlines quickly and accurately, multi-task and work well under pressure with changing priorities.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency preferred in Microsoft Access.
- Overtime as required.
- 3 years + music publishing company experience preferably in a royalty administration-related role.
- Experience managing, training and developing staff.
- Experience using an AS400 system and/or copyright system preferred.
- 4-year college degree in Business/Accounting or related area strongly preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.