This role has ultimate responsibility for the successful management of the royalty processes and people that provide accurate reconciliation of high volume transactional data, including all royalty income statements received from UMP USA’s suppliers/partners, the review and verification of royalty distribution statements to UMP USA clients. It is essential to develop and have a full understanding of UMPG end to end processes and data, including agreement entry, work entry and work registration through to royalty distribution for all of our writers and other clients.
The Director will be experienced at setting and meeting deadlines, measuring performance and reporting to senior management. This person will lead the team in the research and resolution of data error and anomalies, responding in a timely manner to internal and external customers. They will have proven experience at developing and delivering work-plans and project timelines with the ability to make the right decisions under pressure.
The position reports to Senior Director NA Admin and is based in Franklin, Tennessee.
- Organize/prep cash receipt from Finance
- Delegate / prioritize statement processing
- Coordinate with Global for the creation of new Income Sources
- Mapping of Income Types
- Mapping of Third Party Sources
- Maintain and communicate to Global the processing schedule
- Review and approve the processing of the statement (checklist sign-off)
- Maintain prior-period unprocessed statement log
- Prepare status update schedule for weekly meeting with Finance
- Work with internal auditors and E&Y auditors as it relates to processing of incoming statements
- Statement ingestion/processing tasks similar to other administrators
- Manages and supports the NA Administration Services Royalty Team
- Manage the workload and workflow across all royalty processes, setting priorities appropriately
- Liaise with the Global Administration team to deliver royalty income data, royalty processing deadlines.
- Review and approval of royalty statements and payments
- Sign-off and authorise agreement and work data to support downstream business processes
- Research and answer requests from the internal business teams, Business Affairs, A&R, Finance, Film & TV
- Use volume and performance metrics data to actively monitor performance
- Manage the Jira workflow for the NA Administration team
- Management of the team to ensure the successful delivery of internal/external service levels
- Continuously seek to improve and streamline processes and increase efficiency
- Develop and maintain the necessary relationships across the business to ensure optimal service to the business
- Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required
- Strong ability to explain financials and analysis including royalty calculations and performance metrics
- Follows through on open issues though to resolution, meets deadlines in an efficient and effective way
- Promote a customer orientated culture improving client service and relations
- Motivated and open to change with ability to bring new and practical ideas
- Know when to delegate tasks and deliver quality output.
- Communicate and express issues in a clear and logical way to colleagues with various level of expertise
- Highly experienced in managing teams, setting of timelines and priorities
- Experienced at effectively monitoring and managing performance issues
- The ability to work on a day to day basis without daily direction, self-manage the team through individual tasks and priorities
- Experienced at creating and building work plans, project plans, setting goals and meeting targets
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel as well as being comfortable learning to extract data from customized systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Please apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oPxk8fwy&s=MBW