Our International Marketing Catalogue department are looking for an intern to assist their team with releases across the wide roster that is Universal Music’s catalogue, attending Universal Strategic Marketing team meetings to formulate new ideas, and working to bring projects and ideas to fruition.
The successful candidate needs to have a passion for music, and knowledge across a wide variety of genres. An excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills, the ability to multi-task and being able to work under pressure, are all essential.
Based in Kensington Village, West London, our internships are paid, full time, 12 month placements and offer an excellent opportunity for individuals who are serious, passionate and committed to pursuing a career in the music business.
Interns will get a chance to work and learn right at the heart of the most successful global music company, gain valuable experience and establish the start of their career in the industry.
As well as duties particular to the department and specific projects, some general and regular responsibilities for interns include – preparing documents for weekly / ad hoc meetings, updating & managing contact databases, raising purchase orders for costs and invoices as well as general support for the department in terms of diary management, booking transport and ordering stock & stationery.
We are looking for self-motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals, with excellent communication, IT and organisational skills. Our interns also need to be able to keep calm under pressure and prioritise their own workload. ‘Music’ experience (personal or professional) and knowledge of working in an office environment is preferable.
Please be advised that we will retain your details for a period of 6 months and we’ll be in touch if we feel that we have a suitable opportunity for you during this time.
Main purpose of role
- Assist team with releases across the wide roster that is Universal Music’s catalogue.
- Attend Universal Strategic Marketing team meetings (including brainstorming meetings) to formulate new ideas/creative sessions.
- Work with the team to bring projects and ideas to fruition.
- Ad hoc label copy administration in R2 including providing label copy/beta’s/masters etc. to 3rd parties.
- Liaise with 3rd Party Exploitation team to update clearances information.
- Source masters for new releases.
- Monitor and update the intranet site with product updates and release information.
- Update and distribute the USM release schedule on a weekly basis.
- Assist with the creation of monthly newsletters (writing article descriptions, sourcing images and info etc.).
- Monitor individual territories release schedules to pick up best practices from other markets.
- Assist in the development of marketing tools (both physical and digital).
- Update and analyse weekly charts and sales figures from the territories and distribute within the department.
- Raise purchase orders for costs and close invoices.
- Liaise with creative services and proof read any artwork as and when requested.
- General administrative duties including answering phones, photocopying, faxing, booking couriers, organising mail-outs, ordering stock samples etc.
- Passionate about the industry with a deep knowledge of music across various genres.
- Must possess the ability to prioritise to tight deadlines with a strong sense of initiative and discretion.
- Self-motivated, creative, hard-working and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Practical individual with previous office experience.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and a good telephone manner.
- Strong computer skills including a good knowledge of PowerPoint & Excel.
- Ability to multi-task & capable of working under pressure.
- The ability to learn quickly and capable of working under pressure.
- Strong social skills and ability to integrate in a team.