Universal Music Group is currently looking for VP Unscripted Development who will be responsible for soliciting, creating, developing and overseeing short and longform non-scripted series platforms. The ideal candidate would be able to see a project from initial inception through deals, notes and delivery. Experience in unscripted content production is required.
- Create, pitch and develop original show ideas for digital media platforms
- Work with Influencers to develop dynamic, engaging content
- Solicit, review and discern pitches from agencies, production companies, producers, and/or talent
- Work with legal to put together deals
- Develop and see through shows from pre-production through delivery
- Leads day-to-day around schedules, budgets, assets, and internal/external team expectations.
- Creates unique and memorable and highly-engaged video series, franchises, short-form content, long-form programming, events and specials.
- Generates all aspects of video creative required, from concept pitch to delivery.
- Strategizes and develops multiplatform promotional campaigns, branded content and syndication partner strategies.
- Exceptional writing, producing and editing of short-form and long-form digital video targeted at appropriate creative storylines to reach the optimal demographic.
- Possesses a strong editorial eye for developing creative and strategic video programming.
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and influence to meet content objectives.
- Comedic timing with a finger on the pulse of current events.
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact and work with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment; effectively manages stress and emotions under pressure.
- Prior experience working with high profile talent and celebrities.
- Highest level of responsibility securing appropriate approvals and vetting content for rights prior to broadcast.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; excited about the future of digital content and next generation video services.
- Must have a vast knowledge of the social influencer space
- Have an eye for high quality unscripted fare and be comfortable defending opinions in a collaborative environment
- Have a current awareness of new talent and popular culture
- Be able to identify unique ideas and talent before it ‘bubbles up’ to broader public awareness and able to translate that into successful programming
- Must be comfortable delegating duties, managing teams, and including people on projects and meetings where appropriate
- 4-6 years of experience developing and/or producing unscripted content, with strong relationships with unscripted production companies, agents, producers, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in TV/Film/Broadcasting or Production or equivalent relevant experience.