The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada’s leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
We are searching for creative, innovative and passionate people to join our team. If you love music and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Senior Director, Digital Marketing, this role will be responsible for managing our company’s relationship with YouTube & VEVO while providing strategic council to our marketing team around all elements of video content including content strategy, owned/earned and paid promotion, content rights management, analytics and best practices.
The ideal candidate thrives on investigating details and never tires of problem-solving. They love and have extensive knowledge of YouTube and thrive on continuous learning in the video space. They have extraordinary patience and the willingness to educate people on the nuances of YouTube monetization, rights management, optimization and strategy. They are comfortable and knowledgeable discussing music as well as analytics, and their overall goal will be to maximize all promotional and operational revenue for our artists.
- Account manager for YouTube, YouTube Music and VEVO
- Pitching tracks/videos for editorial opportunities, placements, programs and marketing campaigns with key partners
- Understanding opportunities for video content with additional partners (Facebook, Apple, Stingray, IGTV etc.)
- Develop and implement plans for key artists and projects to increase revenue from catalogue and frontline releases
- Help manage UMC’s claiming process and optimization, with the goal of maximizing all revenue opportunities
- Work in tandem with Operations, A&R and Marketing teams to ensure proper delivery of video assets to meet release date targets
- Analyze data to aid insights and identify potential for growth
- Manage and grow relationships with YouTube marketing, editorial, operations and management contacts
- Educate internal and external partners on most current best practices, case studies and opportunities
- Participate in Global Forum Calls representing Canadian priorities & ensuring optimization of global priorities
- Prepare regular reporting of key performance metrics and communicate findings, figures, and insights
- Influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to take action based on insights to capture business opportunities
- Analyze partner trends, market conditions, marketing campaigns, and user behavior for internal partners
- Provide analysis on monthly subscription reporting to internal & external business units
- Participate in regular meetings with other departments sharing and developing strategy to further propel music content
- Other duties as assigned
- Music industry experience preferred, but not required
- Quantifiable experience with launching, growing and maintaining YouTube channels with established results
- Analytical mindset – ability to identify trends in large datasets, display creativity in problem-solving, and generate new ideas
- Exceptional communication, organizational & priority setting skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel etc.
- Highly motivated and intellectually curious
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to multitask, problem solve & react quickly to market changes
- High level of creativity, innovation and enthusiasm; and the ability to drive business priorities to business partners.
- Power of influence & effective presentation skills