We are seeking a Video Preservation Engineer to digitize/transfer video formats held in our extensive archive. The Video Engineer would also undertake asset research and facilitate transfers of less common video formats with external suppliers. The Engineer will work closely with the catalogue commercial team to facilitate access to the content in our archives and to prioritise the digitization of tapes.
The Engineer will be responsible for ensuring transfers meet UMG Global Standards. The Engineer will be sufficiently qualified and skilled to undertake a range of technical tasks whilst maintaining a professional and personable attitude supporting rapid turnaround of research and transfers in a client-focused department.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Prioritising workload and resolving requests in a timely manner under client scrutiny
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, anticipating changing requirements.
- Willing to learn relevant technologies where necessary and develop in the role.
- Self-motivated, conscientious and showing initiative to fulfil tight deadlines; enthusiasm to work as part of the team
- Ability to provide high quality support and customer service to all relevant departments within Universal Music
- Knowledge of file delivery/transfer services and an awareness of data security
- Operational experience in professional video services – including a knowledge of production workflows (preferably in a music industry context)
- Knowledge of current and obsolete video formats, specifications, and associated technologies
- Knowledge of film formats and scanning an advantage
- Working knowledge of video equipment and workstations along with video capture and editing software
- Experience with music recording, DAWs and film also desirable
- Fluent and able to self-support on Mac and PC (most work is carried out on Mac). Fault finding and problems solving skills
- Working knowledge of databases and manipulating data in Excel. Good attention to detail for accurate metadata capture
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]