We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Geffen Records, one of the labels within IGA, with artists including Olivia Rodrigo, BTS, Yungblud and more… is presently seeking a Vice President, Marketing. This position will be based in the company’s Santa Monica, CA location and focus on the long term growth and development of Geffen artists within Pop/Rock.
This role will recommend, assess, and oversee global interactive marketing strategies utilizing technology partners, digital developers, and social media. Core functions include creation/implementation of digital tools and products to increase fan engagement, working with internal and external partners to secure their support and participation in campaigns, and overseeing execution of progressive marketing strategies. This role will be responsible for working directly with Universal artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and departments within IGA. This position is a visible and prominent role both inside and outside the organization.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work closely with artists and their representatives to develop interactive marketing objectives and initiatives
- Oversee campaign execution with a focus on global audience engagement
- Develop relationships and secure worldwide opportunities with digital partners
- Direct and manage relations with independent digital marketing agencies
- Direct and approve creative processes for internal and external technology builds
- Manage, interpret, and report on the performance of digital initiatives
- Be a creative visionary, driving progressive marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team
- Collaborate with other teams at IGA including Commercial, Radio, Production, A&R and International
- Account for project and campaign marketing budgets
Bring your VIBE:
- Experience in global music marketing, ideally working with catalog artists
- Expert-level understanding of the technology and marketplace powering today and tomorrow’s music industry
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, fan engagement and analytics
- Proven ability to build and manage strategic marketing partnerships
- Strong grasp of collaboration and asset management tools
- Excellent presentation, communication, and analysis skills
- An unquenchable thirst for innovation, experimentation, and reinvention
- Passion for bringing music to the world in innovative ways
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a high-pressured environment
- 5+ years of experience in digital music marketing
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Wellness Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated, and boosted, against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.