SVP, Digital Strategy & Business Development
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD
We are currently seeking a talented SVP of Digital Strategy & Business Development to join our Global Digital Strategy Team. The SVP will lead negotiations and act as a senior strategic point of contact with UMG’s digital partners.
You will play an integral role in supporting strategy formulation and gathering and synthesizing deal requirements to drive win-win outcomes in negotiations and partner development. In addition, you will collaborate with a diverse set of internal stakeholders to ensure the effective operationalization of the partnerships across the internal business while engaging, monitoring, tuning and steering our external business relationships.
How you’ll CREATE
- Act as negotiation and strategic lead with a set of UMG’s digital partners
- Source requirements, design deal parameters and negotiation strategy, and execute negotiations with UMG’s key digital partners
- Communicate and evaluate deals, both completed and in process, to key stakeholders within UMG and to senior management
- Collaborate with senior leadership from UMG teams on ensuring the effective operationalization of key partnerships
Identify, plan, and execute new strategic opportunities and categories to drive long-term growth
- Collaborate across Digital Strategy team to help develop efficient departmental management processes
- Contribute to the development of UMG’s digital strategic planning
Bring your VIBE
- A seasoned negotiator with significant experience in structuring complex and novel global agreements with large digital platforms
- Deep intellectual curiosity
- Proven stakeholder management with the ability to build strong, successful relationships founded on collaboration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation experience
- Exceptional analytical and negotiation skills
- Big thinker with extensive digital/platform knowledge, including a strong understanding of emerging technologies, their relevance and evolution
- Motivated by innovation, excellence and a competitive spirit that inspires the creation of strategies that lead the industry
- 10+ years negotiating complex, global licensing agreements
- Deep music or related field expertise
- Significant experience and a sophisticated understanding of working in large, global organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- MBA Preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and
- Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, Two (2) paid weeks for “Winter Break” season, Wellness Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are an E-Verify employer.