We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship.
We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Group is currently seeking a Senior Director or Vice President level, Commercial Synchronization position in our Santa Monica, CA office location. The successful candidate will manage and oversee synch for Republic Records, Island Records and DefJam Recordings roster and will be responsible for pitching artists, songs and brands to advertising community.
We are seeking a very pro-active, high-energy individual with a sales-oriented mindset to fit into a team of doers!
- Manage and oversee synch for UMG East Coast Labels roster to Ad clients
- Creatively pitch, identify and secure new synch opportunities for UMG East Coast group front line and catalog master recordings to meet yearly revenue goals
- Work closely with the SVP & Team, Film & TV Synch, marketing, brand partnerships, A&R as well as other key project stakeholders to create timely opportunities around artist releases
- Work Closely with UMe licensing group to maximize revenue from commercial synchs
- Partner with broader synch team to develop and implement tactics for client outreach, while developing and growing relationships with existing clients.
- Develop and execute strategy to develop new client opportunities
- Create and execute best in class showcases and special events to introduce artists and engage client community.
- Work closely with artists, publishers and artist representatives to ensure synch initiatives align with artist objectives Job Requirements:
- Exemplary knowledge of music licensing intricacies
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage a high volume workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have extensive contacts in the advertising industry at large
- Position is located in Santa Monica, CA. Candidate must be willing to work from this location.
- 7-9 years in entertainment/media/advertising
- 5 years experience in a music synchronization capacity
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience