We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Capitol Records is presently seeking a Senior Director, of Digital Marketing and Audience Development in the company’s Hollywood, CA location. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Digital Strategy at Capitol Music Group, this role will recommend, assess and oversee global digital marketing and audience development strategies utilizing technology & content partners, and social media. Core functions include leading the label’s digital marketing team, creation/implementation of digital campaigns to increase fan engagement, owned audiences, working with internal and external partners to secure their support and participation in campaigns, and overseeing execution of progressive digital marketing strategies.
This role will be responsible for working directly with Capitol Records and other Capitol Music Group artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and departments within CMG. This position is a visible and prominent role both inside and outside the organization.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work closely with artists and their representatives to develop digital marketing objectives and initiatives
- Supervise a team of 4-6 digital marketers
- Oversee campaign execution with a focus on global audience engagement
- Develop relationships and secure worldwide opportunities with digital partners, influencers, and digital publicity outlets
- Direct and manage relations with independent digital marketing agencies
- Manage, interpret and report on the performance of digital initiatives
- Be a creative visionary, driving progressive digital marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team
- Be a thought leader and collaborate with the broader Digital Strategy team, and other teams at Capitol including Marketing, International, Content Marketing, Commercial, Radio, Production, A&R and International
- Account for project and campaign digital marketing budgets
Bring your VIBE:
- Experience in global music digital marketing, ideally working with pop and urban artists
- Expert-level understanding of the technology and marketplace powering today and tomorrow’s music industry
- Extensive experience in advertising, CRM, fan engagement and analytics
- Proven experience in forging strategic marketing partnerships with platforms and content creators
- Proven ability to manage a small team
- Desire to be on top of every new digital trend, meme, and platform
- Strong grasp of collaboration and asset management tools
- Excellent presentation, communication and analysis skills
- An unquenchable thirst for innovation, experimentation and reinvention
- Passion for bringing music to the world in innovative ways
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a high-pressured environment
- 7+ years of experience in digital music marketing
- Bachelor’s preferred.
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!