Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Publishing is looking for a Social Media Manager to join the Marketing Department.
You will be responsible for the production, sign off and distribution of content across social media and web.
You will be responsible for setting up a robust, consistent and organised content strategy across multiple UMPG channels, including a roster of songwriters. You’ll work on the creative ideation, content publishing, community management and growth across these networks and platforms.
You’ll be passionate about music, songwriting, and obsessed with how artists and songwriters reach audiences online. Fast, adaptable, and hard-working, with an attention to detail, you will be confident in writing copy, creating social content, and publishing across all social media platforms.
- Create a content plan for social channels (YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok) and web
- Writing engaging social copy and producing social content
- Publishing content on UMPG UK’s social media profiles
- Supporting other UMPG territories in their own social media activity, and managing a content sharing platform to help amplify global priorities
- Managing social media accounts for a small, diverse roster of songwriters
- Work with the marketing team to devise social media strategies as part of wider campaigns
- Attend industry events, gigs and concerts on behalf of the company to capture content
- Seeking new and innovative ways to trial new formats and creative ideas on our accounts
- Tracking and optimising content to improve results and grow audiences
- Produce reporting on projects with the ability to scrutinise figures and provide observations around performance
- Working with industry influencers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our community
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest trends, movements and relevant news
- Researching and assessing potential new outlets and tools for content / marketing
- Communicating to ensure processes run as smoothly as possible
- Building relationships across UMPG and the industry in general
- Creating reporting and insight capability to assess success, identify areas to develop and to share with the wider business
- Must have a strong passion for music, content, popular culture, and working in an industry focussed on helping artists realise their dreams
- You will be a creative individual with excellent writing skills and an understanding of design
- Creation of social assets using tools such as Canva or InStories (or similar)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience in audience development
- Candidates must be reactive, and able to work under strict deadlines with impeccable organisational skills
- Experience with analytics tools and platforms, i.e. Crowdtangle and Google Anaytics or similar
- Proficient in advanced design tools such as Photoshop or similar
- Experience training or supporting other Social Media teams or staff
- Background in managing external social media providers – freelance or agencies
- Building or managing paid media campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok or similar
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.