We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company’s record labels, UMe provides a frontline approach to catalog management, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies. We manage a diverse and expansive catalog spanning the entire history of recorded music and nearly every genre of music from such renowned record labels as Capitol, Interscope, Def Jam, Geffen, A&M, Motown, Island, and Virgin. The UMe catalog roster includes many of the most iconic and legendary artists of all time, including: The Beatles, Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones, Eminem, Stevie Wonder, Nirvana, and Kanye West.
How we LEAD:
UMe is seeking a creative music executive with marketing experience, catalog music knowledge, passion, and a strong music understanding to join our catalog team as a Senior Vice President of Marketing. The SVP of Marketing will be a progressive, dynamic, collaborative team leader who has an insatiable appetite and deep knowledge of marketing artists, albums, songs, and playlists in a streaming environment as well as a strong understanding of fan consumption behavior. Reporting to the EVP of Marketing & A&R, this position will lead a team of approximately 12 employees and will oversee all marketing activities for our catalog artists
How you’ll CREATE:
- Lead and inspire a team on the development and execution of innovative and impactful marketing campaigns to drive revenue and fan engagement.
- Champion and influence impactful marketing campaigns for our artists.
- Bring an innovative, positive, entrepreneurial, and creative passion to the role with an unyielding drive to experiment, learn, analyze, adapt, collaborate and succeed.
- Partner and collaborate closely with the commercial team to develop revenue opportunities and ensure our marketing strategies are relevant and applicable to each account.
- Inspire and further cultivate a digital skill set and mindset within the marketing team which is reflected in all marketing activations, digital media and partnerships as well as paid media.
- Integrate data and analytics into the culture of the marketing team to ensure KPIs are consistently set and measured and to ensure data is integrated into the decision-making process.
- Drive accountability for managing marketing spend and project budgets.
- Partner as a thoughtful member of the senior leadership team and collaborate with other departments to drive the business forward and accelerate revenue growth for our artists and the label.
Bring your VIBE:
- 10+ years of marketing leadership experience – ideally coming from a music label, technology, or similar entertainment field.
- Deep passion and knowledge of music, artists and technology and a strong understanding of how & where fans engage with songs, albums, playlists, and artists.
- Collaborative personality who is comfortable with change and has a contagious hunger to learn and experiment.
- Exceptional people management skills as well as the ability to inspire, prioritize, multitask, focus, lead, influence, and delegate while working under stressful and demanding situations.
- Ability to think independently and create and develop ideas that lead to positive change/improvements.
- Well organized with exceptionally strong communications skills that are adaptable to different personality styles and situations.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
- Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Please apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=od2zffwN&s=MBW