We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking a highly motivated, forward-thinking individual to join the Commercial, Content & Artist Strategy team as Senior Manager, Commercial & Artist Strategy. The ideal candidate will be very innovative and has a strong ability to execute. This role requires a candidate who has previous knowledge in the entertainment category with experience across social, DSP and gaming platforms. This role is responsible for commercial growth and artist strategy.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Develop and execute a long-term channel vision that firmly positions various artist releases/products for sustained growth by optimizing commerce/views/streams generation, profitability and consumer experience metric
- Consistently analyze, measure and provide actionable insights on relevant KPIs, metrics, and business objectives
- Expert level knowledge of the social and streaming platform (DSP) ecosystem that supports streams, views and ecommerce business
- You will be working closely on artist releases and go-to-market plans across social and commercial platforms
- Develop opportunities for new content and content strategy to drive revenue for New Releases and Catalog
- Work closely with artist management teams and have the ability to articulate clear vision and strategy
- Provide qualitative and quantitative understanding globally then apply strategy based on the data for better performance
- Regular reporting of YouTube, TikTok, NFTs and other platform insights & trends to direct team and artist management
- Work with and across creators, directors, content specialists and artists
- Build and create communities and audiences across artist YouTube and TikTok channels
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 3+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of experience working closely with major streaming platforms
- Entertainment artist/gaming/movie experience major plus
- Experience managing projects from initial development to completion
- Must be proficient with using Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, Photoshop, video editing software (Premiere or Final Cut), and comfortable with collaboration and asset management tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Basecamp and the like
- Must thrive in a team environment but be able to take initiative and work independently
- Detail orientated person
- Must have the understanding of emerging technologies
- Ability to multi-task, ensure meticulous attention to detail, prioritize and work well under pressure
- Ambitious individual sought who is a self-starter requiring minimal direction
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.