We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship.
We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized U.S. catalog entity for the Universal Music Group. Working closely in concert with all of the company’s record labels, UMe provides a global frontline approach to catalog management, a concentration of resources, a greater emphasis on strategic marketing initiatives and opportunities in new and emerging technologies.
How we LEAD
UMe is hiring for a Senior Financial Analyst (SFA). The SFA will support with financial planning & analysis as well as the month end close. This position is responsible for the preparation of monthly management and financial information and will contribute to building the annual plan and periodic forecasts. The position is located in Santa Monica, CA on a hybrid schedule.
How you’ll CREATE
- Create and maintain reporting to help with review of monthly financials for accuracy including Balance Sheet, P&L & Cash Flow
- Prepare variance analysis for Corporate and Business Unit management
- Collect, analyze and report key performance indicators and highlight trends in margin, artist investment and cash flow
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual plan and periodic forecasts
- Work closely with the other finance teams in addition to the North American team
- Prepare executive presentations in support of Actuals, Forecast and Plan
- Provide ad hoc analyses including enhancing models and reports as required
- Author monthly reports for senior executives
- Track department budgets on a monthly basis
- Input corporate forecast/drivers/assumption into BPC (UMG’s forecasting system)
- Create custom SAP and BPC reports
Bring your VIBE
- BA in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Minimum 1-3 years of financial planning & analysis, strategic planning, accounting and/or audit experience is required
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Excel with an emphasis on complex modelling, graphing and visual presentation
- Experience with accounting and financial applications software; Hyperion Financial Management/SmartView Reporting, SAP and BPC planning experience/knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish quick rapport with people across the business
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities at any given time
- Must be extremely well organized
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
- 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
- Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
- A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
- Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
- 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
- 2-weeks paid Winter Break
- 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
- Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
- Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah. For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Salary Range: $45,003 – $88,513
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.