It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Digital Rights Administration team is looking for a Senior Director, Digital Rights Administration to lead the international claiming operations for digital platforms like YouTube and Facebook.
The Digital Rights Administration team is responsible for generating revenue and viewership from User Generated Content through digital asset management and manual claiming. We support UMG labels and territories with the best-in-class asset management and conflict resolution services including data scrubbing, claim disputes, ownership conflicts, reference file integrity.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Lead and motivate the international YouTube and Facebook operations team to ensure timely and effective operational support for partners
- Work cross functionally and cultivate solid relationships with UMG corporate departments, labels and territories, to consult on claiming strategy and operations
- Contribute to monthly reporting to SVP, Senior Director and other stakeholders
- Assist SVP with annual planning, providing input for DRA team resources, revenue and cost projections
- Individually contribute to daily operations including manual claiming, policy changes, ownership conflicts, resolving disputes and other claiming tasks
- Evangelize this aspect of our business through presentations and meetings, as a key representative of the team with internal and external partners
- Analyse and present relevant market trends and work with UMG analysts to generate insights to shape strategies
- An expert in YouTube digital rights management, with deep understanding of all YouTube CMS’s features, including Content ID, analytics and reports (or equivalent)
- Tech-savvy, with excellent knowledge of the current UGC (or equivalent) and online video landscape
- A knowledgeable and positive team leader with experience in managing small teams and collaborating across business, legal and other functions
- Proactive, with an ability to multitask, prioritize and delegate across multiple projects
- Data-driven with ability to manage results to metrics; proficient in Excel (or equivalent)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Forward-thinking and ambitious; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Facebook’s Rights Manager (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of SQL (or equivalent)
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.