We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are hiring for a Product R&D Developer in the Data & Analytics team.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work in a newly created Product R&D team to design and develop new prototype products and features for UMG’s suite of internal data products.
- Work closely with user research, UX, data science and engineering to build prototypes of innovative new features to test with a wide range of internal user groups, and UMG’s artists, artist managers and partner labels.
- Utilize a wide variety of data sources including social platforms, video platforms, streaming partners and social listening tools to deliver compelling and timely insights to users.
- Work with product development and engineering teams to translate validated prototypes into requirements and technical specifications for mass-production.
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience working with web technologies and a passion for UX
- Experience with SQL, BI Tools and/or modern web frameworks and libraries like Angular, React, and D3 is a plus.
- A highly creative and innovative problem-solver
- Experience in product analytics such as Google Analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Ability to tackle technology and data quality challenges head-on
- Experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of a company
- Previous experience working with PM, Design, and Engineering leads
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in the music industry, preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Empl