We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Product Manager who will be responsible for promoting UMG artists through creating and driving innovative marketing strategies. The Product Manager acts as an extension of UMG’s Partner Labels through an ongoing presence within the label, aiding in release plans, proposing marketing opportunities to supplement the overall artist strategy, connecting the label to various UMG departments as needed, assisting in special event planning and execution, and helping the label to better determine solutions to their business challenges. The Partner Label Product Manager serves as a communication link between UMG and the Partner Labels, communicating marketing initiatives, best practices and priorities between the two entities.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Spearhead release schedules and marketing campaigns for assigned releases.
- Oversee all processes related to project marketing including asset delivery and production schedule.
- Manage deadlines and develop essential marketing material for each project — including sales sheets, biographies, press releases, online media kits, marketing plans, instant grat. tracks, social media, editorial content, and advertising assets.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing team to plan, manage, and execute marketing strategies across paid digital channels.
- Closely coordinate activities of all internal departments and external personnel/partner labels to ensure project success.
- Maintain artist calendars and promotional itineraries
- Serve as primary point of contact with artists and management regarding marketing activities and overall access to UMG resources
- Work closely with artist to develop social media strategy and schedule
- Brainstorm streaming/playlisting strategy
- Manage artist DSP profile presentation and optimization
- Initiate and facilitate special promotions and events to increase brand awareness
- Create synergies between internal departments and artist managements
- Create, build and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners (brands, lifestyle accounts, media, influencers)
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related field (music, entertainment, marketing)
- Proven knowledge and experience in working with mobile, digital and app technology
- Proven knowledge and experience in working with online social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram
- Proficient in MS office products: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of people (written, verbal, presentation)
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong in developing new and maintaining existing relationships
- Self-starter, able to work independently in the field day to day with little direct supervision
- Creative thinker
- Strong experience and education in social media marketing
- Strong in event planning
- Advanced product knowledge
- Able to work late hours and travel independently
- Proven knowledge and experience with music websites and blogs
- Minimum 4 years of college with a completed degree
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!