We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How We LEAD
Universal Production Music is Part of The Universal Music Publishing Group a leading global music publishing company, home to the greatest artists, songwriters, and song catalogues. Universal Production Music has a heritage that has developed over decades into a diverse and comprehensive catalogue of unparalleled depth and breadth. Its ambition is to maintain its position as an industry leader.
Universal Production Music is a leading provider of production music for film, broadcast, video games, digital media, and corporate productions. For over 38 years, we have inspired creativity in thousands of studios around the world. Universal Production Music offers a comprehensive and diverse music collection comprised of 120 labels and over 400,000 titles, all available for easy licensing. We work with some of the most creative writers, producers and musicians in the business including Grammy and Academy Award winners, singer-songwriters, film score composers and major league session players of all kinds. We offer our clients a full range of music solutions including music supervision, custom searches, a vast stems library, sound effects, and full custom music & original scoring services.
Founded in the 1980’s, Universal Production Music quickly evolved from a broadcast services company specializing in commercial image and radio ID packages to one of the world’s best known and largest music publishing and production companies. Universal Production Music’s aggressive growth in music licensing started with the launch of the world’s first production music library on CD in 1985.
How You’ll CREATE
Your role, as Music Licensing Executive, Video Games is to develop, nurture and maintain relationships with our key clients, in the US and Canada territories, to develop new business and to support your line manager the Director, Partnerships & Licensing in these endeavors. The Music Licensing Executive, Video Games meets individual sales goals by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Developing a regular targeted call and meeting cycle including regional travel as appropriate
- Maintaining your client accounts within our database.
- Efficiently following up on all tasks resulting from your client meetings.
- The timely provision of accurate music searches for client music briefs either directly or via the music supervision team.
- Providing weekly progress reports on client feedback including releases, usage, music trends, new projects, relevant events, and new contacts.
- License production music libraries and services offered by Universal Production Music.
- Attend industry functions, conventions and in person client/prospect visits as needed.
- Maintain complete understanding, knowledge and implementation of Universal Production Music’s sales process including opening statement, production analysis, music recommendations, web demos, customized sales proposal, follow up and consummation of the licensing opportunity.
- Provide sales/marketing ideas and feedback to management.
- Represent company with a positive attitude towards clients, prospects, and coworkers from all departments.
Bring Your VIBE
- Please bring a wide-ranging understanding of Video Games, Video Game Culture.
- Strong understanding of general media production workflows in TV, Film, Advertising, etc.
- Proficient Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Salesforce.
- Strong client-focused attitude with a polite and courteous manner.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible and adaptive to change.
- Superior work ethic and a dynamic, positive attitude.
- Proficiency in multiple selling strategies; (Social, Relationship, Needs Based)
- Maintain and achieve a minimum of 90% of sales goal target.
- 5 years of experience in direct and inside sales and/or music licensing.
- 2 years of experience in Video Game Audio and/or Related Music Industry fields.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
- 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
- Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
- A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
- Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
- 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
- 2-weeks paid Winter Break
- 10 Company Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
- Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
- Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Check out our full overview of benefits on the Perks Playlist page of the career site.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Synch & Licensing
$52,000 – $118,159
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.