Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities.
We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen.Ryder@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Training Manager will be responsible for supporting UMG’s central Metadata teams of support users and metadata specialists, local trainers and new users of the R2 application.
R2 as a system captures all of UMG’s core metadata and has a wide user base with a consistently high turnover. This data impacts all areas of the business, internal and external. As such, all users need to be quickly brought and kept up to speed with end to end understanding of the constantly evolving usages of metadata and UMG’s standards for data entry and maintenance.
As surrounding functionality and business processes change regularly, fostering a clear understanding of the metadata standards, processes and issues using effective training approaches and materials will be the primary focus of the role.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Monitor and track the training of all new users, and R2 access across all environments globally.
- Assess any potential training requirements regarding new and existing staff by proactively reviewing data issue metrics and liaising with the metadata teams.
- Document processes and standards followed by the central metadata team thus ensuring better training resources for the central metadata staff going forwards.
- Create modern and informative training materials, including video, PowerPoint, Visio and Wiki (ServiceNow Knowledge Base) materials.
- Work with the Director of Metadata Operations, Data & Process Analyst and Senior Metadata Support Manager to ensure clear visibility (supported by metrics) of issues to inform decision making around individual and group training needs.
- Work with the metadata team to collate all business context and processes that relate to the metadata captured in R2.
- Assist the Metadata Support managers in delivering training materials for their local contacts. and to teach the support managers how to train their dedicated users.
- Discuss training material needs with the labels globally to ensure that local requirements are also covered.
- Excellent end to end understanding of music industry metadata and processes covering both pop and classical repertoire, DDEX, iTunes standards etc.
- Ability to create engaging interactive training materials using different mediums, such as video, powerpoint etc.
- Excellent presentation skills and a keen eye for branding / consistency within new and existing training materials and documentation.
- Ability to relay information in a clear and contextualised way, i.e. providing clear reasons behind UMG’s policies and standards, and articulating the real-life impact of particular data items and practices.
- Ability to coordinate across departments to ensure all comms and guidance are aligned, consistent and agreed by all stakeholders within the business.
- Ability to unpick and refine conflicting dependencies on certain data items and practices, and clearly document guidance for best practices and standardisation.
- A team player, who’s passionate about helping others succeed in their roles.
- Strong IT skills including an ability to spot and derive trends from large data sets.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop.
Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.