We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD
The Finance Manager will manage financial planning & analysis as well as the month end close for Interscope Records. This position is responsible for the preparation of monthly management and financial information and will contribute to building the annual plan and periodic forecasts. This position reports to the VP of Finance.
How you’ll CREATE
- Create and maintain reporting to help with review of monthly financials for accuracy including Balance Sheet, P&L & Cash Flow
- Prepare variance analysis for Corporate and Business Unit management
- Collect, analyze and report key performance indicators and highlight trends in margin, artist investment and cash flow
- Build and improve financial models for corporate forecasts and annual plan
- Prepare executive presentations in support of Actuals, Forecast and Plan
- Provide financial guidance on music and merchandise pricing in retail and D2C channels
- Develop reporting and analyses to support decision-making for management and 3rd parties
- Work closely with the other departments and the North American Finance team
- Assist in the review of contractual statements for joint ventures and distribution deals
- Provide ad hoc analyses including enhancing models and reports as required
Bring your VIBE
- BA in Finance, Business, Economics, Accounting
- Music industry experience highly preferred
- Minimum 5 years of financial planning & analysis, strategic planning, or corporate accounting experience required
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Excel and PowerPoint with an emphasis on complex modeling, graphing and visual presentation
- Experience with accounting and financial applications software; Hyperion Financial Management/Smartview Reporting, SAP and BPC planning experience/knowledge preferred
- CPA experience, preferred but not required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to establish quick rapport with people across the business
- Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
- 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
- Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
- A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
- Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work including:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
- 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
- 2-weeks paid Winter Break
- 10 Company Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
- Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
- Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Check out our full overview of benefits on the Perks Playlist page of the career site.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer in Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Utah.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
Job Category: Finance & Accounting
Salary Range: $64,480 – $131,798
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include, as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. All candidates are encouraged to apply.