We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family. We are hiring a Manager, Brand Marketing to join the Urban Marketing Department. This person will focused on developing opportunities for artists in the Hip-hop and R&B genres.
How we LEAD:
Interscope Geffen A&M Records is currently seeking someone to connect the dots with brand opportunities, and the ability to work with a diverse group of artists, brands and environments effectively.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work internally with Interscope branding, marketing and artist management teams to identify unique partnership strategies for our roster of artists.
- Work externally with third-party brands to achieve cross-promotional marketing objectives.
- Including but not limited to sponsorships, product placement, commercial syncs and label events.
- Act as primary point of contact for multi-cultural brand partnerships:
- Maintain strong and effective relationships with appropriate brands across categories (ie: apparel, footwear, liquor, beauty, auto, technology, et al).
- Keep abreast of the evolving music industry and marketing trends, particularly those related to artist and brand partnerships.
- Pitch artist opportunities to brands accurately and effectively.
- Negotiate all deliverables between the label, artists and brands (ie: financial, barter, et al).
- Work with aforementioned key stakeholders to ensure all activations serve each party’s needs and are executed properly.
- Attend industry networking events, concerts, et al, with the purpose of expanding brand network and securing partnerships.
- Measure and report on campaign’s forecasted reach and revenue; and post-campaign actuals.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ years working in a marketing and/or brand partnerships position, preferably within the music industry.
- 3+ years working with multi-cultural brand partnership clients preferred.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of:
- Interscope’s roster of artists
- Culturally relevant brands
- Current events including pop culture and specific events & activations in the urban community
- Ability to work well with different personalities and stakeholders, both internally and externally, to produce positive results for clients.
- Ability to comfortably manage multiple priority projects at a time, while staying on deadline and sustaining quality of work.
- Ability to quickly and calmly react to changing client needs and deadlines, both internal and external.
- Adept problem solver; ability to come up with inventive solutions on the fly.
- High level of comfort presenting to groups both over the phone and in person.
- Impressive verbal and written abilities — client communication skills are essential.
- Strong passion for music, marketing and the music industry.
- Strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated ability to apply data insights to marketing strategy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Mac OS, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.