Universal Music Group & Brands is the dedicated brand agency of Universal Music Group, creating innovative and tailor-made business solutions for brands. We use Music & Entertainment to create innovative and differentiated customer propositions for our brand partners to help them grow their business by their turning customers into fans.
We are currently looking for a Junior Brand Partnerships Manager to integrate into the Global Brand Partnerships Team in charge of closing deals with global brand partners, handling agency relationships and developing growth & monetizing strategies for UMGB.
This candidate will primarily focus on supporting the Global Brand Partnerships Director in answering briefs from global brands and agencies, but also on long-term, strategic projects inherent to the success of UMGB.
Sales & Business Development
- Assist the Global Brand Manager & Global Brand Director on answering global brand and agency briefs.
- Build & own a sales pipeline alongside the rest of the team.
- Prospect for new brand & agency contacts.
- Pitch & present to qualified leads and existing clients.
- Prepare CRM reports & updates on sales activity for senior management.
Strategy Planning & Project Delivery
- Answer briefs from global brands by analyzing market reports and large data sets to come up with a strategic recommendation.
- Work hand-in-hand with cross-functional teams including data & insights, creative, media buying, legal & label relationships to answer briefs.
- Create clear, compelling presentations with PowerPoint and/or Keynote to formulate response to brand briefs and to thought leadership conferences.
- Manage the Global Brand Partnerships Intern.
- Identify revenue opportunities within or outside UMG by devising new business models around under-monetized assets and/or create new products.
- Design go-to-market strategies to implement the new opportunities identified.
- Pitch and present new proposals to senior internal and external stakeholders.
Global & Local Team Support
- Support global UMG stakeholder’s local teams with large-scale initiatives pertaining to activities strategic to the group (e.g., influencers, live, classical music…).
- Provide ad-hoc resource to local UMG teams on cherry-picked initiatives.
- Provide occasional support to the Global Head of New Business
- Strong passion for Music
- Strong analytical skills & business flair
- High-level marketing / business schools or solid degree in Marketing and Communication
- Experience within management consulting, marketing or strategic planning is a plus
- Experience using data management software (e.g. Tableau) and/or in media buying is a plus
- Capacity to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, work to tight deadlines and have a strong sense of initiative
- Computer skills required (proficient in PowerPoint, Excel is essential)