It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Group is the world’s leading music company. Within its UMGB division, UMG has been building a team of media enablement and operations specialists to commercialise its media products and take its powerful music media repertoire to market. The UMG eco-system boasts a huge footprint in the media and entertainment landscape, and our products in market encapsulate data, video, and social media opportunities.
UMG is looking for a passionate and determined individual to join its burgeoning media team to help grow its existing advertising sales opportunity, while ensuring the foundations are in place for further development of our team and products into the future. The UMG media team is based primarily in New York and London, with this particular role based in London on a permanent basis.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Be Organised
- Build out process for constant reporting of market capabilities and updates
- Be Innovative
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities with agencies and clients that currently reside outside of UMG’s existing partnerships in conjunction with management
- Identify best practice use cases, and build out case studies to showcase the power of UMG’s media products and share them with our markets
- Develop a core understanding of the UMG and UMGB ecosystem, and identify new ways to evangelise UMG’s media sales opportunity within those teams
- Regularly maintain and update central CMS tool, to ensure accurate and up to date reporting is provided to internal stakeholders
- Recognise trends in the use of media and entertainment, notably by brands and agencies developing new business models to take to market
- Provide feedback and reporting on campaigns and results as required, to both UMG clients and internal management
- Work closely with UMG local markets to understand their specific needs and requirements as it pertains to media strategy, being mindful of varying levels of maturity and core capabilities
- Support in the organisation, creation, and presentation of market media workshops, across the 45 different UMG operating countries
- Support the team in daily tasks, especially in work related to market support and coordination
- Core focus on client and local UMG market needs: anticipate, understand, and respond to the requests of internal and external clients to ensure UMG products are a consistent choice for media briefs
- Prior knowledge of Google ad products, such as Ad Manager or DV360
- Strategic and commercial awareness of both the media industry and ad tech landscape
- Tenacious and driven self-starter, who feels at home in a small team and working independently when required
- Prior experience in client facing/account management roles desirable
- Confident communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain good working relationships across a variety of internal & external stakeholders
- Creative eye and attention to detail imperative
- Strong interest and passion for music and the media landscape, with a desire to find synergies between the two
- Exemplary IT skills, including highly skilled in MS Powerpoint and MS Excel.
- French or German speaker is a bonus
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)