Universal Music is looking for an International Marketing Manager for Soundtrack and Score, Classics and Jazz to be based in London.
The role is to ensure the strategic and efficient marketing, promotion and selling of Universal Music artist releases around the world. You’ll be the crucial lynchpin between C&J labels, our 60+ offices around the world, and artists and managers, ensuring projects and album campaigns are delivered successfully on a global scale.
- Market assigned artists on an international level.
- Break new acts into international markets, travelling to territories to support promotional activities where required.
- Work in partnership with other marketing managers across bigger projects where required.
- Create and implement release strategies.
- Use digital platforms and tools creatively and effectively.
- Attend planning and scheduling meetings.
- General problem solving for all aspects of releases.
- Forge strong working relationships with Artists, Artist Management, Marketing colleagues and Territories across the Universal business around the world.
- Ensure that budgets are created and adhered to on all marketing campaigns.
- Ensure the delivery of all visual imagery (video, photography, promotional materials) for all acts to the market is appropriate and adapted as necessary.
- Establish appropriate communication channels within the Department and Company to ensure relevant information/knowledge is shared.
- Work to the agreed international priority agenda.
- Monitor international programmes on key projects and provide regular detailed written reports on priority projects as determined by the Director / Team Leader.
- To devise and direct a promotional strategy for artists to ensure maximised sales in line with marketing objectives.
- To update Universal systems on an ongoing basis.
- To work on own initiative to ensure all opportunities are maximised.
- Relevant marketing and/or promo experience within a music company or artist management company.
- Knowledgeable about current music trends across multiple genres including but not limited to: Classical, Jazz, Neo-Classical, Adult Contemporary/Crossover, Soundtracks.
- Experience of liaising effectively with both Managers and Artists.
- Ability to analyse and interpret sales data.
- Experience of working, influencing and persuading at all levels of an organisation (upwards and downwards).
- Ability to multitask and change strategic direction quickly and effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive, proactive and pragmatic approach to any situation.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Team player with a flexible approach, willing to defer when appropriate.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Able to deal with the facts of the situation with an awareness of the “big picture”.
- Very personable and able to build excellent professional working relationships.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Prepared to travel internationally as required.
- Second language.
- Experience of in-house IT applications (including budgeting & invoice approval systems, sales information systems etc).
- Marketing qualification.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.