Head of Production
Managing Director, Production Music
Location of work:
Kings Cross, London
Main purpose of role
The Head of Production will be responsible for providing leadership and coordination of the production team, managing the production budget and will act as executive producer responsible for the successful creation and delivery of music recordings for the Universal Production Music catalogue in the UK.
- Devise and implement the production strategy and release schedule for Universal Production Music UK.
- Manage the UK production budget
- Lead and develop the Production music team.
- Undertake a strategic review of the entire catalogue/product offering, recommend improved initiatives.
- Undertake an ongoing review of major competitors, both on a global basis and in the UK.
- Work closely with Sales and Music Supervision departments on current trends and any gaps in the catalogue.
- Work closely with the UK and International Marketing departments on New Release and campaign strategies.
- Work closely with the International and UK Digital team on the technology delivery and website offerings.
- Maintain good relationships with existing composers on our labels and forge new relationships with emerging talent.
- Work closely with the Head of Global Production to bring efficiencies to our global team.
- Proven track record in a senior role within the Production Music business
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Excellent networker who can build strong ties with existing and new partners
- Demonstrate a unique combination of excellent attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Passion, experience and knowledge within the Music and Broadcast business
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, highly competitive business landscape
- Proven track record in identifying and understanding commercial opportunities and growing revenues within a business
- We are ideally looking for someone who holds a university degree or equivalent professional qualification
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable.
However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop.
Therefore, the job description should be indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.