The primary purpose of this role is to undertake UK Sales & Marketing activities for Focus Music (part of Universal Production Music UK).
This role is sales focussed with a marketing orientation and you will be the face of Focus Music Production Music to our clients.
It is expected that in this role you will spend 60% of your time out of the office in face to face meetings with clients and 40% of your time in the office in a marketing support capacity.
60% out of office
- Implement all aspects of the agreed sales & marketing strategy.
- Act as a key point of contact for our clients and build excellent relationships with them to ensure the highest standard of customer service.
- Proactively promote our services including our music, online, hard drive, pre-releases & bespoke service.
- Meet targets for client visits to develop client database including regional trips.
- Actively seek out new business opportunities including sales negotiations.
- Take specific responsibility for designated client base.
- Advise clients on licensing and rates.
- Be an efficient technical support for clients with any queries related to our website, and in some cases hard drive or other tools
40% In office duties
- Efficiently respond to the LIVE CHAT feature on our online system.
- To provide timely & accurate music searches for client music briefs.
- Writing album reviews for our new releases.
- Contribute ideas and compile themed playlists for website.
- Contribute marketing and promotional ideas for client initiatives.
- Keep the database up to date.
- Provide weekly progress reports on client feedback including releases, usage, music trends, new projects, relevant events and new contacts.
- Help with organising and attending client events.
- Attend all relevant departmental meetings.
- Attend relevant UK trade shows in which we are participants and make support trips.
- Help with input, design & delivery of our social media and other marketing campaigns.
- Give client feedback to production team including pitching new track & album ideas.
- Experience of dealing with our clients (who include major broadcasters, advertising agencies, independent TV production companies etc) by either having worked in production music, publishing or a record company
- A keen interest in production music or film & TV licensing
- A genuine interest and knowledge in a wide variety of musical styles
- Ability to manage time and work to tight deadlines efficiently
- A willingness to travel across the UK visiting clients together with colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be articulate, personable, have an eye for detail, organised, numerate, a self-motivator in addition to being a team player
- Proactive with an inquisitive / curious and willing nature
- Further education in music for film/TV course or significant relevant experience in a music, media or music sales environment
- Strong technical background – knowledge of MAC & PC functionality, audio file types
- Knowledge of video and audio editing systems
- Interest in digital media
- A technical qualification
- A good eye for design
- Knowledge of photoshop
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.