We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
This role will be responsible for strategically managing initiatives involving Universal Music artists and programs that will develop opportunities for incremental stream and revenue growth. This person will work collaboratively with internal business units, labels, management, and artists to identify and recognize opportunities to drive consumption in the streaming world. Developing and maintaining strong and effective relationships with editors, curation brands, key figure heads within streaming trends, labels and artists will be key to their success. This is a key role within our company and requires someone who is creative, analytical, passionate about music and demonstrates strong power of influence
How you’ll CREATE:
- Build new streaming commerce, marketing, and promotional strategies to develop opportunities for artist growth.
- Develop learnings and relationships through innovation and be a resourceful thought leader for UMG’s internal teams and artists.
- Manage day to day activities with streaming audio/video streaming platforms for artists under repertoire management.
- Implement core strategies from cross functional teams into streaming strategy development for artist campaigns
- Contribute to the ideation of new strategies for playlisting and curation brands as opportunities for artist growth.
- Effectively communicate learnings, strategy, and developmental concepts between label partners, Artists & management teams, and internal stakeholders
- Participate in the creative process of internally developed digital tools to maximize consumption of artist repertoire initiatives
- Analyze streaming data and provide insight on playlisting targets, streaming audience behavior, and areas of opportunity.
- Analyze song performance on platforms for proper optimization
Bring your VIBE:
- The ability to analyze data and draw conclusions, make recommendations, etc.
- Keen ability to craft an effective strategy and execute quickly.
- Strong project management experience
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent diplomacy skills.
- Proven ability to navigate organizations, collaborate and achieve results
- Experience with growth/expansion in the streaming space
- History of managing successful projects.
- Extensive experience doing data analysis within the context of music playlisting.
- Minimum 5 years of music business experience
- Minimum 5 years of streaming platform experience at a partner or content owner/distributor
- Experience in a related and relevant field dealing with content curation, data analysis and consumer behavior insights on streaming sites.
- Experience with music release strategy.
- Comfortable with innovation
- Masters Degree a bonus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.