Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities.
We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Operating in over 75 countries, UMG is a major actor in the expansion of the digital music market and works with over 670 online partners worldwide.
The Commercial Technologies team exploits market opportunities and solves business problems through harnessing data science, evolving business processes and exploiting new technologies.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Successful innovation and delivery of products, projects and programmes of work sitting across application development, supply chain, data science and business operations.
- Building, managing and leading teams of specialists in their respective disciplines from across the business.
- Uncovering business needs, assessing current and proposed technologies in order to recommend a solution.
- Running of workshops internally to tease out business needs.
- Influencing and supporting on the globalisation of locally developed platforms.
- Market outreach.
- Choosing the appropriate methodologies to ensure a successfully delivery with internal resource from across the business and external suppliers.
- Project evangelism and onboarding of new processes, products and services.
- Solution design.
- Defining roadmaps at portfolio, programme and product levels.
- Business case creation.
- Strong Agile delivery experience (SCRUM and Kanban) with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Programme management experience for large programmes of work (consisting of 3 or more projects.)
- Comfortable being business facing to c-level stakeholders whilst simultaneously managing, motivating and engaging all team members from all engaged teams.
- Strong understanding of leading product management and software engineering practices.
- Requirements engineering.
- Business process modelling.
- Knowledge of Wireframing.
- Knowledge of data science methodology.
- Music industry experience.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.